Chapter 14

*Amira's P.O.V*

I bought a new phone, a private number only to text Derek secretly to check on him.

Me: has he bothered you or the company lately?

Him: who is this?

Me:I can't say for privacy reasons, but you know me very well.

Him: cheesecake?

Me: yes.

It's a code name joke we had since we met, his friend who loved that cake.

Him: it's been silent.

Me: good.

Him: what did you do? You didn't go back did you?!

Me: never!

I can't tell him that he is trying though. I hide the phone in my safe and lock it. I take my primary cell and head out to work.

After work I walk to my car getting deja vu from the other night. I can't believe I gave in. I hold my head and shake out of these thoughts opening the door. I cannot let him have me! I need to play a new game to get him to leave me alone! Cause if he doesn't.. bad things, bad thoughts.

I never could kiss him willingly before, still haven't; I want to kiss him more than ever. I was so weak and so shy to kiss him, he was gonna be my first kiss; he ended up ruining it though. That kiss was rough and scared me. Now it's still rough but it's sending these crazy sparks through my body and I can't pull away when they're against mine. Is this what I was missing back then?

I sit up looking down at Ellios and trace his lips with my finger as I smile building the courage and I lean down and press my lips to his nose.

I tried so hard back then but couldn't. Why couldn't I kiss him? Did I know it would end bad or was it just fate that we had to have a crazy first kiss?

I stop on my way home at the cafe we used to work at together. I sigh walking in. Why am I here?
I step in line and look up debating on if I want my usual.

"Two mocha latte's"

I look over at Derek ordering beside me. My eyes are wide "what are you-?"

"Shh!" He takes my hand softly and seats me in a booth sitting across from me. "This is ridiculous. I can't just stay away from you."

I look down at the table. "You must."

"I love you Amira."

My eyes widen as I look up at him in shock.

He smiles softly. "Even if it costs me my company and life." I lean in and kiss his lips softly and pull back when the girl serves us our drinks.

I play with the lid looking at the cup.

"I did not expect to hear that from you honestly."

Finally I arrive home and lay on the couch. Let's just hope he doesn't know about today. He knows everything.
I open my eyes, I fell asleep? I don't remember.

I stand walking to the kitchen and open the cabinet reaching for a bowl as I stand on my toes. Suddenly a hand slides to my hip while they reach for the bowl and bring it down to me. I snatch it and slowly turn around.

"You gotta stop doing this. How did you get in?"

"You haven't changed your lock in years." He smirked.

"That's breaking and entering."

"Not when you own a key mi amor." He holds it up smiling innocently.

I try to snatch it and he pulls it back shoving it in his pocket walking past me grabbing the milk. I eye him weirdly.
What is he?-

He grabs the cereal where I always leave it and chooses the exact one I wanted. He pours it in the bowl and then the milk. He opens the drawer grabbing a spoon and slipping it in the bowl. He puts the milk and cereal away and looks at me. "What?" He questions.

"Habit?" I glare. "A little." He shrugs.
He knows where I keep everything from many sleepovers. He knows everything I eat and don't eat from our time together. He's everything a woman wants, but he's stubborn. When he doesn't get what he wants he will fight for it. In most cases girls are happy to have that, in this case... it's annoying.

Ellios poured me my usual cereal and placed it on the table and cleaned up. I sat down eating silently while I watched him make himself some oatmeal.
He sat down across from me and smiled. "Did I choose the right cereal hun?" He questioned. I nod.

I do not feel to well today so he's been cleaning for me and taking care of me since last night. I can't help but feel bad or useless. "Gracias." I mumble. "De nada mi amor." He took my hand in his and kissed it softly.

He was always so perfect. I can't be angry when he does these things! It makes me frustrated.

I sigh taking the bowl and sitting down. He follows and sits across me taking a seat. "Not eating?" I question awkwardly.

"Not hungry."

"You sure?" I finish up my cereal. He nods looking around the room. The little things he does when he lets his guard down around me. He's obviously hungry.

I stand putting my bowl in the sink and grab the oatmeal and put it together in the microwave. It beeps and I pull out brown sugar and pour 3 teaspoons in and mix it. I walk over putting it on the table and huff walking to the sink to clean my dish.

"Oh how the tables have turned." He hums happily. "Shut up!" I roll my eyes turning the sink on.

After that awkwardly familiar morning was over I rushed off to get away from him and "went to work"

I'm off today but just so he thought I was being truthful I drove to work and hung out for an hour eating in the cafeteria.
Now to put together a plan. Time to go shopping!