It's too hectic!

"Dad! Come on we can't be late!" I shouted as I prepared my lunch and packed it. Mom went to visit her parents with Kayla so I had to take over the house. "Let's go!" Dad said as he ran down the staircase. "Your food's prepared for the day dad. If I'm late just microwave the food." I told him opening the door. "Thank you sweetie. Do you have your notes and files?" Dad asked walking towards the car. " Yes dad. I've completed all my work let's go." 

It had been just three days since the whole school-job routine had started. It was tiring for me, considering mom left the next day to visit my grandparents since my grandma wasn't well. I really wish I could've visited them too. "Sweetie, I heard they're offering hostel facility at your school. Do you want to go and stay there? It would be easier for you." Dad advised me. "No. Sorry dad but there's just too much to pay for! " I said frustrated. "But, you've gotten into college with you know the scholarship and that was a huge relief for us sweetie-" I interrupted dad "Dad! Just stop it please!" I shouted in anger and regretted it the next minute. He was just trying to help me out.

"If you're that worried about the distance dad, I could probably find an apartment near to college and have a roommate with me. Before you ask, I can pay for it with my salary you know." I said. Dad smiled and nodded. After almost an hour and a half we were outside school. 
"Bye sweetie. Have a nice day. I'll let you know some places when you get home." 

I walked towards the school entrance to find Ari standing there. "Sup bestie? " She asked sipping on her coffee. "Too much! There's school and home and job! Not to mention the huge amount of assignments we have!" I whined. "Woah! Cool down, I'm sure you will get the hang of it." Ari assured me. "How are you so cool with everything?" I asked her. "Well, first my house isn't  far from here and second, I'm always on caffeine and sugar." she shrugged. "Hey, Tom alert." she whispered sipping her coffee. I haven't spoken to Tom after the first day. It's not like I had to right? I already had too much going on.

"Hey Darce" he smiled happily. Gosh his smile was adorable. "Did you just call her Darce?" Ari questioned him snapping me out of my thoughts. "I'm sorry?" he said but it sounded more like a question. "It's okay Tom. How are you?" I asked politely as I took out my books. "I'm good. Um I just wanted to know if you maybe um-" just before he could ask me whatever he was about to, someone pulled him by his sweatshirt and smashed him to the ground. "Stay away from them Tom, you don't want to make them boring, stupid and worthless like you know." Some tall guy said looking down at Tom.

"Hey! Back off!" I pushed the guy away from Tom. "Woah there, you're a little feisty. " that jerk spoke up smirking. "She can be scary if you don't walk away you as-" "Stop!" I covered Ari's mouth before she could cuss him. "Please just leave the three of us. We don't want any trouble." I told him politely and he just smirked AGAIN and walked away. "Come on." I helped Tom get up. Everybody was looking at us and whispering. "Thank you." Tom said looking down. "That's what friends are for. Come on." I smiled at him and Ari as we walked into class.

*after all the classes are done*

"I survived the day Ari! Yes!" I did my silly little victory dance. Tom just stood there smiling. Today was tiring. We got more and more assignments. Me and Tom were paired for one assignment too. The jerk from morning was not seen which was a good thing. "I gotta go D, I will change and meet you at work! Bye D, bye Tom!" She waved. "Byee!" we said in unison. 

Me and Tom were just walking in complete silence. "So Tom, um you wanted to ask me something in the morning?" I broke the silence. "Oh-um-well-um Oh yeah! We have an assignment to do so do you want to go for ice-cream or coffee ? I mean we could work at a different place or something like that?" He asked nervously. "Oh we didn't know about the assignment in the morning um pfft yea sure coffee would be nice." I replied VERY awkwardly. "Thank you um I'm sorry I have to go! But thank you for everything today!" "But hey I will need your number to contact you!" I reminded him. "Oh yea! Sorry, here you go, you can call me whenever you're free." he handed me a piece of paper  with his number and disappeared off to somewhere.