Chapter 2 Better Get a Rain Check

Claire and Maria showed up at school the next day and were over excited to see each other. Were they becoming best friends?

"Hey, Claire." said Maria.

"Hey, Maria. What's up?" asked Claire.

"I asked my mom if we could have a sleepover. She said if it was ok with your mom, we could," Maria said.

"Well I live with my aunt, Avery, I'll ask her."

Claire squealed, and so did Maria. Claire stared at the hallway wall, she seemed like she was in a different world.

" 'Cheer tryouts tomorrow at 5.' Sounds fun." Claire suggested as she looked at the poster on the wall in front of her.

"Sure, let's try it." Maria said as they wrote their names down.

"Hey, I've got to get to science, but see you in reading?" asked Claire.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Maria added giggling.

⇚🌹⇛

A Couple hours later they met up at lunch and sat together. Earlier that day Claire had gotten a call, and right before lunch ended Claire decided to tell Maria what the call was about.

"Here I got this for you," said Claire as she handed Maria a cupcake.

"OMG! It's so pretty! Look at all the sprinkles, and the frosting is even my favorite color thanks Claire," exclaimed Maria.

"I did it myself last night with my aunt. It's 10:02 can we take a short walk before class? I need to talk to you about something important that happened earlier." explained Claire.

"Yeah class starts at 10:30 so we should be good, what happened?" Maria said as they began to walk around the courtyard .

Claire said, "I needed to talk to you out here because," she paused, "my dad was out flying a jet in Germany and it got shot down and he died. My mom broke her arm but that's all I know, that is what that call was about earlier."

"Oh my gosh! Claire, I'm so sorry." said Maria and next thing she knew she had a crying Claire in her lap.

After she heard about that, they decided to have a sleepover at another time. After Claire's science and Maria's math, they met up at Claire's locker.

———
uummmmm yea 😜

i kind of spoke to soon like why did i decide "wait good idea let me kill the dad no biggie who cares if it's the second chapter" #YOLO

but are they becoming besties stay tuned😏