Chapter 1 - A New Beginning

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I got up and did my usual morning routine but in a new house this time. I did my make up, Put on a pair of ripped skinny jeans, a black and white sleeping with sirens shirt, black on black converse, a black beanie, and all my band bracelets thenput in my headphones and picked a song on my phone then put it in my back pocket. I grabbed my keys and my backpack and walked down stairs to the kitchen. "Morning rocket,have a good day at school." My mom said with a smile. I waved at her and walked out the front door not worrying about breakfast. I got in my car and drove to the new school. A million thoughts went through my head. Will I fit in? What if I get bullied again? What if I dont make any new friends?

When i got in the school there were groups of people in the lunch room. Preps, Stoners, Jocks, Scenes, Goths, Athletes, Nerds, Band geeks, etc. I just took this time to go to the office and get my schedule.

I looked down at my schedule the office lady handed me and skimmed it over, great I have math first i thought. I walked to my locker and put in the combination.I heard yelling coming towards me so i looked up from my locker. There was one of the football players walking down the hallway with his friends. "alright see u guys later" he yelled to all his friends. Oh god hes walking towards me.... He walked to the locker right next mine.. He started doing his locker combination and i felt his gaze on me, I grabbed my books and shut my locker.I started to walk away when he grabbed my arm. I gasped and turned to him, He had a big smirk on his face. "Aren't you the new girl?" He said looking me up and down. I could feel my face turning red, "um...y-yeah" i said shyly. "oh what's your name?" He said smiling and showing his white teeth and dimples. He had really pretty eyes, snake bites, glasses, a nice jaw line, and defined nice cheek bones.

"um..my name is rocket"

"cool,I'm Dakota but you can call me Koda." he said with a wink, and I rolled my eyes.

He smiled and took my schedule from my hand.I was about to say something when he did first."Oh hey we have math first period together and a few other classes."he said handing back my schedule.

"um...okay see you around then, i guess..." I said with an awkward smile.He was staring at my lips then came back to reality. "um..yeah,yeah.see u around." He smiled and i walked to math.

When I got in there I saw all of Dakotas friends I had seen in the hall way. i looked to the back off the room and saw a girl with pink hair.Hm....she seems chill.so i walked over to her

."um..hi is this seat taken?"

"No go ahead."she said happily with a smile.

"so are you new here?"

I turned to face her. "Yeah i just moved here from Washington."

"oh cool.so have you met anyone yet?"

"um not really.I've met Dakota he has the locker next to mi...."

Before i could finish she interrupted me."Wait you met Dakota?"

"Um yeah he has the locker next to me?...."I said wondering why it was such a big deal.

"Like Dakota Villars?!?"

"um...Yeah why ?Is that a bad thing?"

"Gee i don't know he is only like the biggest player there is in the school"

My eyes widened and i face palmed as the bell rang.

"Speak off the devil"She said as Dakota walked into class laughing at what someone in the hallway said.

"Mr. Villars you are late to my class."Mrs.Cameron said.

"sorry Mrs.Cameron."Dakota said smirking.