Chapter 5 - Hanging

Rocket's POV-

Once I woke up my thoughts went to last night. Koda is seriously confusing me. I mean, people like him don't like people like me. They usually like preppy girls. I grab my pillow and stuff it in my face. Boys are so confusing.

After a while I decide to get up and get ready for school. I take a quick shower and get dressed. I put on a Jake the Dog shirt with my black skinny jeans and my black converse. I straighten my hair and do my usual makeup.

I quickly brush my teeth and put on deodorant then run to grab my bag, phone, and headphones then run down the stairs. I see my mom dressed in her usual business attire and working on some business shit.

"Morning mom." I say and grab some pop tarts. "Morning sweetie, how has school been lately? I feel like we never talk as much as we used to." My mom says, setting down her pen and looking up at me. You see, my mom can be the best mom ever then can turn into a business freak bitch who only cares about her job.

"Oh you know, boring." I say putting the pop tarts into the toaster. "Made any new friends?" She asks, gesturing me to sit down next to her. I drop my bag on the ground then take a seat. "Well, yeah. There's Stormy, Sky, Ash, and Koda." I say, feeling down thinking about Koda and how much he fucking confuses me.

"They seem nice. Why don't you invite Stormy over or something?" My mom says, smiling. "I cant, after she woke up from her coma she's only aloud to stay at her house for a while." I say, hearing the ding of the toaster and grabbing my pop tarts. "Oh right. The car accident. Well, I'm glad you're liking it here." She says standing and giving me a little hug. It feels awkward for second but I hug her back. She's the only family I have left since my dad left us, I'm glad she's here.

After I finish my breakfast I grab my bag and look outside. It's raining and I don't really mind that it is, I love the rain. I run outside and into my car as fast as I can so my hair wont get wet and turn into a curly mess.

Once I'm inside my car I hear a ding notification from my phone. I look at my phone and see that it's Wednesday, the day I have to give my speech in English. Here's another fact about me, I have MAJOR anxiety and I will possibly throw up.

I start my car and make my way over to Sky's house. On the way there I plug in my AUX cord to my phone and turn on some music. I start jamming out all the way over to Sky's house. I park my car in his driveway then honk my horn.

I see him open the door then him almost tripping while running to get in my car. I laugh and he gets in giving me a playful glare. "How's Stormy?" I ask, I really miss her. "She's good, she says she misses you." He says smiling. "Awh, well I miss her too. How bout we just skip today and go hangout with her." I offer with a hopeful smile. I'm doing this because of Stormy and because of the speech.

"I'm up for it." He says throwing his bag onto the back seat of my car. "Alrighty then." I say pulling out of his driveway. Once we get to her house we notice that her mom and dads car is gone so score. We hop out of my car and run to her door, the rain is only getting harder.

We knock on it a few times before the door open. I see Stormy there with her usual Pink hair but this is the first time I've seen her in a while. "Stormy!" I yell and tackle her in a hug. "Rocket!" She yells, and hugs me back. "Sky!" Sky yells walking inside and closes the door. Me and Stormy laugh and let go of each other.

"Trust me, I haven't forgotten about you because you visit me everyday." Stormy says, kissing his cheek and grabbing his hand. They are for real relationship goals. Sky smiles and brushes his bangs into his face, clearly embarrassed.

We hang out for the rest of the day watching movies, playing games, and just hanging out. i finally decide its time to leave because it was now about 12 am and i was begging to get tired. Sky decided to stay the night with stormy. I said good bye and got into my car and started it up. I jumped and let out a small scream when i hear my phone go off. I realized i left it in here the whole time I was in her house, so all day. I had about 19 text messages from Koda and 7 voice mails from him so i decided to call him and he answered almost simultaneously."Rocket where are you?" he said in a very very calm voice.