Three - Chunin Exam Part 3

3rd POV:

"Whoa! I thought Shino was weird before, but now..." Sakura gasps in wonder, and Midori turns around to look at her with a smirk. Shino walks up the stairs to meet his group silently.

"Oh, wow! Congratulations, Shino." Hinata says in her quiet voice.

"Way to go. Good work." Kiba adds.

"Just see that you two do the same." He replies and moves to the railing, leaving an annoyed Kiba.

"Yeah! Who died and made you team leader, huh?" Kiba grits his teeth at his teammate.

"Er, alright, everyone, moving right on to the third match," Hayate announces, and the sound of Kakashi arriving makes Midori look over her shoulder, but she brushes it off, though she tries to keep her calm, wanting to fight even more.

"Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto exclaims upon seeing his teacher.

"Hi," He replies shortly.

"What do you mean, 'Hi'? Is that all you can say? What about Sasuke? How is he?" She asks him.

"Oh, he's fine, sleeping soundly in the infirmary." He tells her, which seems to settle her nerves. "But he's been put under guard by the ANBU Black Ops." Though it's probably for the best, he thinks to himself, and the next names have been announced.

"Come on!" Midori huffs, wanting her chance to fight; on the board, it reads. Ryunosuke Taynsuka Vs Yuji Kamiya. "You lose; you owe me 2 Ramen bowls."

"Wouldn't dream of it; this will make us even," Yuji says and stands to his feet.

"Be careful, Yuji," Hiro whispers, praying for him as he walks towards the stairs.

"Still not gonna tell him you like him?" She asks her friend, who blushes like a tomato. Yuji walks alongside the Sound Ninja, who looks bored towards Hayate.

"So, got any pieces of advice you wanna give me, or are you the strong and silent type?" Yuji asks him; Midori shakes her head at him. "Don't worry, I can talk for you if you want. I do it for Midori all the time."

"Shut up, Yuji, just get to the fight!" She snaps at him, her father and brother shaking their heads at her behaviour.

"Got it!" He shouts with a smirk, not looking away from the Sound Ninja.

"Okay, then, if you're both ready. Let the third match begin." Hayate announces; Yuji sinks into the ground with a smirk, startling some of the Genin.

"Typical, scurrying away." Uta hisses from his spot.

"Actually, it's quite smart; Ryunosuke can't see him; he's at a disadvantage," Yuuto replies calmly as he watches. Yuji appears quickly behind with a kunai, pointed at the dark-haired Sound Ninja, he goes to strike, but he jumps away.

"Oh! You're fast! I see!" Yuji grins as he does a quick hand sign before slamming his hand down on the ground. "Earth Style Barrier: Earth Dome Prison!" A dome appears around Ryunosuke; he looks around as he forms, trapping him inside. Yuji hears him fighting his way as he creates a rock clone of himself, which starts moving around to the other side of the dome, being careful of the floor.

"Sound Waves of Terror!" Ryunosuke shouts from within the dome, having found the weak spot, and blasts it open; Yuji covers himself as the Sound Ninja stands in place, his hand up in the air. "You think you're so clever." He sneers, and Yuji stands straight.

"I don't know; I think I'm pretty average." He replies along with his double that the other boy notices. Ryunosuke grows angry and rushes towards Yuji, who dodges out of the way; as the dark-haired teen lands on one of the tiles, a metal click sounds. Midori smirks to herself as she watches the title explode, sending Ryunosuke flying into the wall, onto the floor, onto another explosion. "Like I said, I'm pretty average." He does the rat hand sign. "Earth Style: Stone Plate Coffin." Sections of the floor spring up around Ryunosuke as he lands without time; Yuji slams the sections, squashing him between them; he moves them back, letting them fall, seeing Ryunosuke lying unconscious on the ground.