Night Owls (Ash Williams/Reader)

Author's Note: I'm back! It's been a while, I know. Here's a little Ash Williams oneshot for you today. This request is from NoirStrum

I hope you like it. I didn't make it as fluffy as I would've liked to but I still hope you enjoy it.

Warnings: Mentions of canon typical violence, slight innuendo

The colors of the television lit up the living room as I sat on the couch next to Ash

The colors of the television lit up the living room as I sat on the couch next to Ash. My legs were crossed in front of me and my hands tapped on my knees. Nothing was interesting on the TV. Ash, who was flicking through the channels, was starting to look more annoyed as time passed.I glanced at the clock on the wall to determine the time. It was a little after midnight but it didn't feel like it at all. My body felt like it was energized to the max. I wasn't tired at all but my stomach felt empty and hungry.

"Is that pizza diner open all night?" I asked, turning my head to Ash.

"Yeah, I think it is," he replied, "Why are you asking?"

"Do you want pizza? A late-night snack? It's better than moping around here," I suggested.

I stood up and stretched my arms back. My spine cracked a little, relieving the tension from sitting around all day.

"Absolutely," Ash said hopping up off the couch.

I grabbed the keys to the truck off the coffee table and tossed them towards Ash. He caught them instinctively in his hand.

"Come on. You're driving," I said, walking out of the front door.

Ash followed me outside to the truck. I opened the passenger side door and got in. Ash got in the driver's seat and put his good hand on the steering wheel. We pulled out of the driveway and started to make our way to the Diner.

I reached for the radio and turned up the volume. On the radio, Alice Cooper's "No More Mr. Nice Guy" played. I glanced over to Ash who was nodding his head along to the song as he drove.

"I never took you as the Alice Cooper type," I said giggling.

"How can I resist liking him? Do you hear that? It's the bes-"

Ash suddenly stopped in the middle of his sentence and slammed on the breaks of the truck. Inertia pushed me forward causing my seat belt to nearly choke me.

"Jesus, Ash!" I exclaimed.

I opened my mouth to ask him why he stopped but the shock on his face caused me to pause. Following his line of sight, I looked in front of us.

"Oh, what the hell is that?" I gasped, leaning forward.

In front of the truck stood a blonde woman dressed in a store uniform. Her clothes were ripped and covered in blood. Her face was twisted and looked hollowed out. Her eyes were yellow, bloodshot, and sunken in.