the trigger

"LAAAAANNNNGGGGAAA!!" I shouted in the spur of the moment. our eyes met as he rolled past, I could see him stare out me half in disbelief and half in joy as he figured out it was actually me. His eyes lighted up like they where sparkling, his mouth started to turn into a grin. It looked like he was about to say something as his mouth opened a bit but he closed it and sharply turned his head forwards again. He started rapidly picking up speed and before I knew it he was out of sight. I looked back down onto my phone and observed him for the rest of his race. I watched him cross the finish line centimetres before Joe, swinging around, snapping his board in half. People around me exploded with cheering and clapping, some even jumping up and down. My hand dropped and I turned my phone off, my friend won but I cannot be happy, I guess it really is true, I do not want to cheer him on from the side lines, I want to ride beside him as his equal. I lowered my head and watched the tears that rolled down my cheek drip onto the ground. I went around the outside of the crowd and headed towards the exit. I could hear Langa calling out my name trying to search for me, but I ignored him. I reached the gate of 'S' and stopped, I reached into my pocket and took out the 'S' badge. I stared at it for a while and then put it into the guards hands, without looking back I sprinted away, tears flowing down my cheeks.