15

He is crueler than I thought

,What was that?!' He speaks up after some time, while the dance floor is filled again with people, which dance.
,What do you mean?' I ask, knowing it is about his friend and me dancing.
,You only are allowed to dance with me.' He hisses. Hearing this certain word sends me over the edge.

I turn around immediately, meeting his silver eyes that already look at me.
,Allowed?' I ask stern with raised eyebrows.
,Yes.' He answers nonchalantly.
,First of all, you aren't anyone who could set rules for me, to whom I would go asking for permission. Second of all you are not my mother or somebody who I would listen too. You are only a fallen angel.' I take in a deep breath while he frowns.

,And lastly am I my own person. I am to be respected and not to be treated like garbage. Only because I am a woman, doesn't mean I would be less harmful and ruthless.' I slightly lean over.
,In fact, I am harmful.' I smirk at him, while reaching over and pressing my hand in the side of him, that I injured.
,but you already got to know that.'

He takes in a deep breath, trying not to groan and taking my hand off his wound.
I make myself comfortable in the throne again, smiling to myself and watching the people dance.
He only lets out a deep breath.

After some time I turn my head to look at him again, he looks in front of him, an annoyed and bored expression covering his perfectly sculpted face.
His nose still has the little bump, which only makes him more attractive in my opinion. His chin is distinctive and his jaw line sharp as ever. His full pink lips slowly rise up to a smirk.

Staring at them confused, I look up to his eyes only to see him looking at me from the side.
Getting flustered, I turn my head away again.
How does he catch me all the time?

The rest of the night, we don't talk to each other only watching the people have fun and dance. I don't catch a glimpse of Theo again, although I let my gaze wander over the crowd all the time. He must have left.

The people now slowly empty the ballroom and only a handful of people are standing at the staircase now. Almost all the servants have left the room to direct the people outside and only some guards are on the sides of the doors.

I now am bored to hell. I just sat here all along, while people came only up for the king. I would have rather spend the evening with Sarah, walking through the castle at night and doing forbidden stuff.

As I think about it. The night is still young, might as well search for her and do exactly that.
I stand up abruptly and begin to walk to the staircase, which lays on the side of Zane.

I walk past the throne, swinging my hips with every step, letting my dress fly in the wind. As I reach the staircase, where we came from, a hand takes me by my waist and turns me around.