30

Standing in the doorway, Zane glares at me, while I only can smirk

On his face a mask, while the whole room goes quiet.

Stepping inside the room, my gown sliding over the ground behind me, the little silver scarf on my neck and silver shoes, the door closes behind me.

Now standing right in front of the long dining table, I look right back at Zane, staring into his eyes, not caring about anyone else.
He wears his usual fancy clothes, a black button up shirt, black pants and a black vest.

Zanes mask is simple, only black, but the end, the part that covers his nose, looks like the tip of a birds beak, bringing the mask to look slightly elegant and him looking arrogant.

As always.

His eyes are enough to make me forget everything around us, but this time, I want to mess with him, staring into his eyes, showing him all the power I have in me. You could think, that I am glaring, but the smirk on my face clearly telling otherwise.

But he, he is glaring at me, looking angry.

Perfect.

Still focusing on Zane, I speak up.
"I really am sorry for my late arrival." I excuse myself, breaking the stare contest with Zane and looking through the room.
The men look at me, as if I were something to eat, the women only glare at me, maybe being jealous, but if I am being honest, all the women in here look incredible beautiful. I am only noticing it now, but wasn't I eating with them before?

I really seem to be only in my head, only thinking about myself.

I begin stepping around the table, all eyes on me, except for those, who are sitting with their back to me. The whole room ist still quiet. As I stand next to Zane, to his right, I put my hand on Zanes shoulder, feeling him tense under my touch and smiling to myself. I really want to mess with him, leaning slightly down and whispering into Zanes ear.

"I hope you can excuse my misbehaviour." He again tenses, grinning against Zanes ear, feeling powerful, I stand tall again, still resting my hand on Zanes shoulder.

"Then why don't we start this dinner?" I suggest and the room gets loud again, the women and men begin to talk with each other, while I begin to walk behind Zane, sitting down in the other throne, the throne to Zanes left.
Why left?

Sitting to the left of a man means, sitting on the side where his heart is placed, meaning the woman is the closest to his heart.

But we all know the fallen Angel doesn't have one.

A heart.