⁰¹. 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐫, 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

''  ᶦⁿᵗʳᵒᵈᵘᶜᶦⁿᵍ: ᵗʰᵉ ⁿᵉʷᶜᵒᵐᵉʳ, ᵃ ᵈᶦˢᵗᵘʳᵇᵃⁿᶜᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜʰᵉᵒⁿ ʰᵒᵘˢᵉʰᵒˡᵈ ''

3 months before the tragedy 

An unusual silence settled over the 85th floor of Hera Palace.

The famous soprano that resided there, Cheon Seojin, rested her hands on the shoulders of the young girl standing directly in front of her. Meanwhile, her husband stared at the both of them from the red sofa in the middle of the living room, a frown resting on his face as his eyes darted between them.

"So," Ha Yoon-cheol spoke slowly as his gaze finally settled on his wife, "What you're saying is...that you had a child with someone else before marrying me...and that this girl," his gaze briefly flickered to the brunette, "Is that child?"

"Yes," Seojin responded calmly, her gaze steady as ever. A note of irritation seeped into her voice as she added, "I have explained this to you twice already—must I really go over the details again?"

Another silence settled over the family.

Seojin pursed her lips and exhaled slowly before attempting to explain the story to her husband once more. "There was someone I was seeing before I met you. It didn't work out, so I left him and his child as soon as it was born. Then I got married to you, and you know the rest." She paused, staring at her husband from across the room for a moment before asking, "What exactly is it—out of everything that I've said—that you're struggling to understand?"

"What I'm struggling to understand," Yoon-cheol answered immediately, "Is why this is the first time that I'm hearing about this. We've been married for years now—why didn't you tell me about this before? And why has this girl—this mysterious daughter of yours—suddenly turned up here after all those years of living quietly elsewhere?"

Seojin's gaze narrowed slightly. "I never mentioned this before because I didn't think that it was necessary to, and—"

"You didn't think that it was necessary to tell me you that you have a daughter?" Yoon-cheol interrupted, his frown worsening. "That Eun-byeol has an older sister? That there is a whole other family of yours out there somewhere?"