⁰⁴. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐨𝐤-𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ

''  ᵗʰᵉ ⁿᵉʷᶜᵒᵐᵉʳ ᶜᵒᵐᵉˢ ᵒᵛᵉʳ ᶠᵒʳ ᵈᶦⁿⁿᵉʳ ᵃⁿᵈ ˢᵉᵒᵏ⁻ʰᵒᵒⁿ ᵗᵃᵏᵉˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒⁿᵃˡˡʸ ''

"Noona!"

Yoori halted her movements and turned around to look over her shoulder, watching as the young boy who had called out to her from the other end of the corridor now ran to stand by her side. She gave him a brief smile as they fell into step, walking together towards where the other Hera Club kids currently were hanging out—the community room.

"Min-hyeok-ah, good evening," Yoori greeted the Lee boy, offering him a polite smile. "How was your weekend?"

"It was alright," Min-hyeok replied before his lips pulled into a small pout. "I heard from Jenny that you took the girls out on a shopping date yesterday—how come I wasn't invited? I love shopping too, and I'd have liked to come along."

"Well, actually it wasn't something that I had planned—it was the girls who took me out yesterday, not the other way around," Yoori explained, naturally smiling a little wider at the sight of the boy's cute pout. She hummed thoughtfully before suggesting, "I can make up for leaving you out yesterday by taking you out on a date next week—how does that sound? We can ask Seok-hoon-ah to come along too, if you like."

Min-hyeok brightened at the word 'date' but pouted again once he heard Seok-hoon's name being mentioned. "Do we have to bring Seok-hoon with us?" he whined, "Can't it just be me and you—just us, alone?"

Though she wanted to chuckle at the boy's cute behaviour, Yoori held back and simply nodded as she replied, "If you'd like for it to be just the two of us, then we can do that too. What day works best for you?"

"I don't mind—I'll make time for you whenever," Min-hyeok replied immediately, his bright smile returning.

"In that case, how about Wednesday?" the chestnut-haired girl suggested. "That gives us something to look forward to at the beginning of the week, and the good memories made on that day will then help us get through the rest of the week."

"Sounds lovely," Min-hyeok nodded eagerly. "Wednesday it is, then."

Yoori nodded in confirmation just as they reached the community room.

Min-hyeok opened the door for her and exaggeratedly bowed while uttering 'after you, mademoiselle' in a posh voice to which Yoori responded with a curtsey and an equally posh-toned utterance of 'why thank you, kind sir'. The two then entered the community room while laughing at their silliness, drawing the attention of the other Hera Club kids to themselves.