Chapter 1

"I'm scared" he whispers

I know

"Blood is everywhere"

Yes

"Am I going to die"

I can't respond, I don't want to respond! I've done this for many, many, years! Why am I getting chocked up on this now!?

"I'm scared"

I'm here

"Are you here to take me away"

I wish I wasn't

"So I'll never be able to say goodbye?" He lets out a chocked cry

Indeed

"I'm ready"

I'm so sorry

I bend down and put my hand over his soul, located under his heart. It's warm. All the times I've taken souls away, this is the one I most regretted. Let me introduce myself, I'm Death. I'm the one waiting to take your soul away, without a care in the world. Well I thought I didn't care until now. Let me tell you the story of a relationship between a sinner and a church boy. Out of all the love stories I have witnessed, this one is the one that really got my attention. There's the religious 17 year old boy, and a 21 year old gay man, who just happens to move across the street after his father passed. We will start from the beginning, Well not to far in the beginning.

But fair warning, this is not your typical love story. They say a good beginning, will have a good ending, but what if the beginning isn't to bright?

-

Luka's diary

I've learned that this world isn't perfect, when I was a kid I thought everyone was happy. I thought that everyone had a loving family, that parents will always love you and support you. That life was perfect but... No, I was wrong. Every year, everyday I've learned something.

My family isn't perfect.

My life isn't perfect.

People aren't perfect.

Society isn't perfect, which means I was wrong.

People out there are judgmental, homophobic, racist, transphobic, closed minded, abusive, and every time you get older you learn how cruel this world really is.

We judge by what's on the outside than the inside.

I learned that from James

I was born into a religious family, my mother and father were strict and always controlled my life. My parents wanted me smart, have manners, be perfect at everything. My father worked at a church and my mother stayed home, she was also a nurse. She takes care of me and my sister Hannah. They loved my older sister, me... They were more tough on me. I was different, I wasn't like my parents.

At first I thought what I was doing was wrong, disgusting, and a sin. I later learned that there was nothing wrong with it, that's it's okay but my family found it the idea repulsive.

So I never told them.

Once James Green moved across from my house nothing was ever the same.

My life changed.

I changed and I learned that looks could be deceiving. James looked scary, he had many tattoos, he wore dark clothes and never had a smile on his face. People assumed he was a drug dealer, that he was a bad person.

Everyone in my town hated James, I was the only one who knew who he was.

-

This story will be in third person from Death. I will post chapters and diary enters! This will be different from my other stories! Enjoy!