Chapter 4

Luka didn't tell anyone he talked to James, he didn't tell Harry, he didn't tell Hannah and he definitely didn't tell his mother and father. It was Saturday, Luka was getting ready to head out with his family. Luka's mother didn't have any idea to cook and told Luka and Hannah that they would eat out. Luka knew his mother was just lazy to cook but didn't want to admit it.

Luka didn't mind though, his mother doesn't have to cook for them. His father was at work and came home late, so his mother would have to drive them to a restaurant. They always went to the same place, it wasn't busy and also it was peaceful.

Luka wore his beanie, a sweater, and jeans and went downstairs where he found his mother putting her things in her bag. His mother glanced at her son and scoffed, "always dressing like a slob!" She glanced at the mirror, fixing her hair.

"Mum what's wrong in what I'm wearing?" Luka asked, looking at himself.

"You're lazy Luka, why don't you dress well like your friend Harry?" Carly asked, Luka shrugged not knowing what to tell his mother. She seemed to always compare Luka to other people, Luka was used to it though. He apparently lacked style, didn't do well like Hannah when she was his age, wasn't getting involved in school and she seemed to prefer Harry over Luka.

As if Luka had more things to worry about, he didn't need his mother making him feel like he was just her problem. He was trying, shouldn't that matter?

As soon as they got ready, they headed out, walking to the car while Luka looked at James' house. Trying his best not to be noticeable, he walked into the car making him grunt. He shook his head, opening the car door as he took his seat, waiting for his mother to start the car. He bites his lip, trying hard to not look at the house again.

I wonder if he's home, Luka thought as he put on his seat belt, leaning back as the car started moving. Luka loved car rides, he was able to day dream while he looked out the window. He loved how peaceful it was and how he was able to think to himself, he loved his thoughts.

He would think about things he wished he can do, like laying in grass while the sun hit his face. He wanted to live in the forest away from people, he also day dreamed about boys. He never questioned himself, he believed it was normal and didn't tell Harry. He would think about actors, singers, models. He assumed many people his age thought like that, he wouldn't ask if it was true though.

Once his mother parked the car, they got out, walking together as they entered the the restaurant. Hannah kept giving Luka these strange looks before they entered the restaurant. Luka felt his throat become dry, his sister looks always made him uncomfortable. It wasn't busy as usual, only three to five people were there, eating their food, Luka eyes widen noticing James cleaning a table close by.

He never would have guessed that James would work at a place like this.

His mother was also shocked when she saw the familiar young man, holding a few plates as he entered the kitchen, she gripped Luka's hand, making Luka stay behind her. They sat in a booth, making sure they were far from James "can't believe he works here!" Carly whispered loudly, Luka frowns as his mother and sister talked about James and disgust.

"I bet he is stalking us!" his sister told him and her mother.

They glanced at Luka who didn't say anything, they were obviously wondering what the boy thought. "Um... what a...shock?" Luka said unsure, his mother rolled her eyes, looking through the menu. Luka licked his lips watching James chat up with the man behind the counter.

Come to our table, Luka thought to himself, not realizing that James caught his stare. James smile at Luka before walking towards his table, Luka soon realized that his mother and sister wouldn't be happy about this. He watched as James took out his pen and small book, standing in front of their table.

"Are you guys ready to order?" James asked, Luka looks down, feeling James' stare. He heard a thud causing him to look up, he found his mother glaring at James, moving away from him.

"We want a different waiter," she demanded.

"Sorry miss, they are all on break," James said, Carly scoffed telling James to back away.

"Then I won't order!" Carly said, James looked at Luka who gave James a shameful look. The manager walked to their table glancing at James before looking at the customers. "What's the problem?" She asked in concern, "we would like a new waiter." Hannah stated.

"Well they are all on break, what's wrong with James?" Lexi asked, Hannah give James a disturbed look, its like they saw James as a monster. Luka was disgusted. "We just don't want him, we will leave if there isn't any other waiters," Carly explain, Lexi put her hand over her face moving it down, she knew what was going on.

"Fine, Ben will serve you guys, his break ends in fourteen minutes," Lexie told them, Hannah and Carly smiled, feeling satisfied while Luka frowned, looking at Janes with the sympathy look. He watched as the young boy sighs and frustration, entering the men's bathroom. Luka wanted to apologize, "mum I need to pee," he hold his mother.

"You don't have to tell me, just go," his mother said, as Luka walked into the bathroom. He opened the door finding James washing his face, he paused not knowing what to say. Last time he tried talking to James he was shaking in fear, he barely knew the guy but didn't want to judge him by his appearance. "Curly? What are you doing here?" James asked, grabbing a few paper towels as he wiped his face.

"I...I-I want to apologize," Luka managed to say, watching James throw out the paper towels. He chuckles, shaking his head, "why? You didn't do anything," James said, leaning against the wall. "I... still they treated you poorly, you didn't need that," Luka said felt a little confident, smiling when James grinned.

"No shit! Nah, you don't need to apologize, kid. I'm used to it, what I'm not used to is someone treating me like I'm human," James joked, Luka stood there awkwardly, waiting for James to say something. "Anything you want to tell me?" James asked, snapping Luka out of his thoughts. Luka shrugged, James walked close to him, patting Luka's back.

"You know why they treat me like this Luka... right?" James said. He wanted to be sure Luka knew he was gay, he would be upset if Luka didn't know. That would mean Luka was the only nice because he was clueless. Luka nods, James give him a shocked look.

"You have no problem with me being gay?" James asked, trying to be sure.

"I don't mind," Luka spoke up.

"Your not disgusted?" James asked another question, he was so curious in why the boy treated him like that. With respect.

"I'm not disgusted, did I anger you?" Luka said softly, "no not at all, I like you um... your name?" James raised his eyebrows. "Luka... White, Luka White," Luka breathed, James smiled at Luka. "I like you Luka, you respect me... I respect you," James smiled widely before exiting the bathroom.

Luka was satisfied.