Chapter 3

"Why can't Harry be more open minded?"

Luka was outside his house, it was nice and warm out and he decided that maybe he should just take a little break. He waited for Harry, he called him over wanting company. Luka was sitting in front of his house, feeling the warm grass tickle his legs. Reading his favorite book as kids ride their bikes, playing in front of their house.

"Hello Luka" Harry said, smiling at Luka who waved as Harry sat beside Luka who closed the book, sitting up. "Hi" Luka muttered, glancing down at his book. Luka wanted to tell Harry about his new neighbor, his family scared him and Harry wouldn't tell Luka about the man.

"Harry, you know that abandon house across the street from me?" Luka asked pulling on the grass, "yeah" Harry glanced at the house before looking back at Luka who squinted, staring at the trees. "It isn't abandon anymore... a man named uh... James, he just moved in last week," Luka see me to be unsure of himself, Harry can tell.

"How old is he?"

"Twenty, my mother doesn't want me near him though," Luka tried to sound casual and calm, he didn't want to throw everything at Harry. "What? Why?" Harry asked, giving Luka a confused look. "Well he has tattoos and he wears black and... fancies men" Luka said in a low voice, worried that Harry would react in a negative way.

"Well... Luka you know how these type of people are, I'm not saying to discriminate the man because we should respect everyone but, your mum is right. He seems kind of... how do I say this without sounding rude... he seems uh-"

"Disgusting." Luka cuts Harry off, frowning as Harry nodded. Luka sighs, scratching his cheek as he looked at the house again.

"Don't stare"

"Why not?"

Harry didn't have an explanation, he just gave Luka a warning look but Luka ignored it, looking back at the house,  he just wanted to see him up close, not just from a window.

"Luka... would you knock it off," Harry sighed, Luka looked back at harry who gave him a concerned look, "we need to focus on Friday, we have to raise money at school for the homeless kids charity! It's for church," Harry pointed out. At school Luka and Harry joined a club where basically it was for Christians.

Luka nods, he wasn't interested though. He was distracted by the idea of talking to his neighbor

He wants to hear the mans thoughts.

Once Harry left he gave Luka the packet before leaving. He had to walk around the neighborhood, knocking on peoples door, asking if they can donate money, they would sign their name on a form write the amount of money they gave and Luka would put the money in the big envelope.

Luka only agreed once he realized this would give him a reason to knock on the guys door.

Luka made sure he first went to other people houses before ringing on James' door bell. Luka was shaking, looking around the streets, no one was around. No one saw him... right?

Luka gasped once James opened the door, his hair was messy, he was wearing his pajamas and it was obvious the man just woke up. "Can I help you?" James asked crossing his arms. Luka didn't expect his voice to sound like that, he expected it to be deep.

"I-I-uh I'm doing this thing... I ask people if they want to donate to find a cure for breast cancer... I'm sorry if I'm bugging you and if you dont want to donate it's fine, I barely made enough anyway and I... I'm sorry." Luka took a deep breath making James chuckle, looking at Luka in amusement.

"It's fine, I will get my wallet," James closed the door slightly, walking to his couch where his jeans were laying. He grabbed his wallet, walking back to Luka smiling. James smiled as he handed Luka 12 pounds, "so how much did you make so far?" James asked as Luka placed the money in a big envelope.

"Forty pounds" Luka responsed nervously.

"That's good"

"Um... you have to put your name and the amount you donated here," Luka pointed out, James grabbed the paper. Luka slowly handed him the pen, watching James use the door to have something to write on. James handed him back the paper and pen smiling, "I'm surprised you passed by, I'd assume your parents warned you about me," James said making Luka raise his eyebrows.

"Wait what?"

"Your parents came by a few days ago, telling me to stay away from you... I'm not bad but I guess I get why" James explained,  Luka's parents went over to James' when Luka was in school, warning him.

When Carly and Robin entered the house, they looked around, glancing at james who crossed his arms, "so... uh" James wasn't sure what to say, Carly and Robin came in holding a box of chocolates, asking if they can come in.

They sat on the couch in disgust while James sat across from them, giving them a confused look. "So?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well... we need to talk to you uh James? Right?" Robin asked, James nodding, folding his hands.

"Well we know how you are... interested in men which is your business but-"

"But what?" James said, cutting Robin off, giving them a curious look.

"We have a son, we don't want him to... to be like that. He knows it's wrong but he can easily get it if your around him" Carly said, james scoffed, shaking his head. "You can't be gay if you are arounf someone who's gay, I mean I'm around you guys! Why am I still gay?" James asked leaning back in his seat.

"Because you decided to be like this!" Robin raised his voice.

"You can't choose your sexuality. I woukd like you to not raise your voice in my house!" James said standing up as both Carly and Robin did the same, glancing at on another.

"Just stay away from our son! People like you will make him do bad things, it's a shame that you would even be like this!" Luka's mother told James,  of course James was shocked,  he didn't even know there was a teenage boy across the street from him.

That's when they left.

"I'm not like them!" Luka said in a panic, blushing.

"That's good to know, well I'm going to go back to sleep. Good luck on the charity, kid" James said, nodding his head before closing the door. Luka rushed out, smiling as he walked across the street.

He hoped to talk to James again, despite what his mother told James.