Chapter 1

It's raining.

It's cold.

It's quiet.

It's dull.

It's dark.

It's bare.

This is my favourite atmosphere.

As soon as I got up and fixed my bed
I immediately went in our kitchen
To make a coffee and feed my pet
And read the notes that I have written

"I have an assessment today, Amaré
and I know to myself that I am not ready.
But before I prepare and start my revision
Daily checkup! Let me see your reflection."

It's just me and Amaré living in this apartment. We've been here for 5 years now and I got her 6 years ago.

She was my parents' farewell gift for me when I got sent to this world so that I won't be alone and maybe through her, I can go back to their world.

Amaré quickly ran to go outside her room where her mirror is located
And I was relieved when her body reflected.
After that, I went to the bathroom and checked
If there is a progress on myself.

But still, no reflection.

"Mum! Dad! Please don't let them take me away. I am begging you. I am trying to get back so just give me more time." I am sobbing and crying heavily on my mum's shoulder as I read the notice of my transfer to the other world tomorrow.

"Honey, we don't make the rules and besides, it will cost us a fortune to refuse this transfer. We trust you, sweetheart and you know that but this might help you to recover and to get back faster." My dad said, trying to comfort me.

"It's not as if I chose to lose my reflection. It's not as if I wanted it." I said while slowly losing all my strength from crying.

"We know sweetheart. But always remember that we are here for you and we will wait for you to come back. Take your time. We love you so much."

I can't help but to cry in front of the mirror that has no signs of reflection of me as I remember how I got sent here 5 years ago.

It's been five years. Five fucking years and I still haven't made any progress into getting my reflection back.

I miss mum and dad. And most importantly, I miss the old me.