Chapter 3

The more I stay here, the more I feel helpless.

Before I went inside my room, I made sure that Amaré ate her food and went in her room. Me, I didn't eat. I don't have the appetite.

As I starred on the ceiling
I burst out my tears
Angry, lonely and scared
How long am I going to stay like this?

"You are my best friend."

"You are mine, too."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I held onto that promise and that's exactly the reason why I didn't leave.

"Omg! Really? Don't worry I won't tell anyone. Haha."

"You better not or else I'll tell them about what happened to you last week. Haha."

"Oh no! Hahaha. Come here you blackmailer! But I'm serious though. You always have my word. I'll never break your trust."

"Me too, corny gal."

We used to joke around with those things because we both knew that it will never be real.

"Thank you, Rielle. If you are not here, I've probably already lost my reflection. You don't know how much this means to me. You're the best of the best friends ever."

"What do you think? That's free? Na-ah lil Bliss. Now get your ass up and let's go to Mc Donalds."

"Yes Madam Ry."

I helped you when you were at your worst and out of everything else, you always comes first.

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"What is something that you never want to experience?"

"Hmm. I never want to be the reason of losing someone's reflection. Especially, you."

I hate you for saying that.
And I hate the fact that it's just the things you did that is making me angry.
I hate the fact the I can never seem to hate you even if you broke the promise you gave me.

"It was Rielle."

"What the hell are you talking about, Bliss?"

"It was her. I saw her."

"Bliss, if you are pulling a prank again to me, I swear you need to stop now. It's no longer funny."

"Rielle was the one who started the fire."

"Bliss! Please!"

"I asked her to stop but she didn't. And it wasn't an accident. It was intentional."

"Okay! Cut! What a successful prank! So you can stop now. We are in the middle of the court. So let's just g—.

Bliss! Come on!

Move!

You're not kidding around aren't you?"

After 3 days, the court decided to sentence me a year of imprisonment. I didn't bother to defend myself because I don't have the energy to do so.

Bliss made up a story during the trial. She put the blame on me even if we both knew it was her fault. She never bothered to look at me throughout the trial. I've been here in prison for a week now and there was no sign of her.

I don't understand. Why would she do that to me? Why did she betrayed me? Why did she lied to me? Why is she not explaining herself? Why?!

It's been 6 years and it still feels fresh in my memory and feels like a new wound in my heart.

I stayed in the prison for a year and while I was there, I lost my reflection. After I got discharged from something that I didn't do, I received a letter.

It was my transfer letter.

Since then, I completely lost myself and now I've been trying to fix it for half a decade but nothing seems to work.

That year was the worse year of my life. I lost everything. My best friend, my family, and myself.