Chapter 4

*Amaré barking*

"What is it, Amaré?" I asked half awake.

*barking continues*

Ugh! I'm still sleepy. Why is she barking?

I stood up and went to check why Amaré is barking. She doesn't usually bark at this early hour.

Shit. Could it be something bad?

I immediately went and get my pepper spray and stick just in case someone really is inside my house.

As I walked slowly outside of my room, I heard someone knocking on my door.

"Hello! Is anyone home? Hello! Please, let me in. I beg you. Hello!" It's a woman's voice.
Who could it be?

"Who are you?" I asked from the other side of the door. I need to be cautious. This has never happened before.

"I am Dreah. I am not a bad guy. I swear. Just please let me in." She said. I can feel her shivering. No wonder because it's October. What is she doing outside my house?

"Sorry, you're in a wrong place. Stop bothering me or I'll call the police." I said. I can't just let any stranger inside my house... at 4am.

After a few hours of sleep, I got up to do my daily morning routine.

As I opened my eyes when I stepped into the bathroom, there is still no sign of reflection. Not surprised, but disappointed. As usual.

I put on my thick coat and my bag as I get ready to go to school.

When I opened my door, I saw the woman from a while ago. What's her name again? Dri?

What is she doing here? With these thin clothes?

This poor thing.
It is literally freezing.

I can't help it anymore
I bet she really needs my help
Let's just hope she's good
And she won't do something bad

"Hey. Wake up." I gently tap her on her shoulder.

"Please help me." That's the first thing that she said when she opened her eyes and saw me. I can see pain and sincerity in her eyes. Oh please, I can't do this anymore.

"Come inside. It's freezing." I said. I helped her to stand up and let her sit on the sofa. I immediately went and grab some thick clothes to give to her.

"Would you like some milk? Tea? Coffee?" I asked.

She didn't reply. I bet she's still cold and shocked.

I just made her a hot milk to make her feel warm.

"I know you still don't feel good. I'll let you take a rest first."

"Thank you." She replied.

I just smiled at her.

My back feels so heavy. Oh shit! School! I am late for school! But, I can't leave her here alone. She's really sick and cold... and she's a stranger. I don't trust her.

Fuck it. I hate school anyways.

She finished drinking the milk and I can still see her shivering.

Well, you left her alone outside for 3 hours bitch. Who knows? She could've been outside longer than that.

I badly want to ask her a lot of things but I don't think she is okay already and I don't know how to communicate. I mean, I haven't talked to anyone except from Amaré and my teacher since I got here.

Weird. I know.

The longer I look at her, the more I pity her. I can't stand looking at her like this.

"Hey, do you want to take a warm bath? You are really shivering and it's not good." I said worriedly.

"I'm sorry for barging in your house so suddenly. It's fine. You've helped me a lot already. I'm really sorry. I will pay you b-" I cut her before she even finished.

"It's fine. I insist and I think that you need my help." Ugh! This is so not me. I feel so different and uncomfortable. But not towards her. Towards myself and the way I am acting.

I went to the bathtub to put warm water in it and after I filled half of it, I helped her to get up and took her to there.

I was about to leave when I saw her struggling to remove her clothes.

Shit. Should I help her?

What?! That would be inappropriate and weird and disgusting and-

"Hey. Do you mind helping me?" She asked.

"No worries." I immediately replied.

Fuck. What the hell did I just?? Ugh!

"Will it be okay to you?" I asked. I'm about to see her naked for fuck's sake!

She just nodded and smiled.

I first removed the jacket that I gave her then I removed her thin long sleeved shirt. I tried to look away from her body as much as possible for her not to feel awkward and uncomfortable... and for me too.

"Uhh, I don't think it's necessary to take off my shorts and underwear. Thank you." She said.

I didn't breathe throughout that scene and just got ahold of myself when I got out of the bathroom.

What was that?

Not a long time after, I saw her coming out of the bathroom on the clothes that I left inside the bathroom for her.

She is beautiful.

Fuck it Rielle. Stop!

"I just want to thank you for everything." She said smiling at me. I just smiled back.

She looks better now. Should I ask her about some stuffs already?

"I'm sorry. I just want to explain myself first because I know that you feel really uncomfortable and confused about what's happening."