March 1, 2026

"You're telling me this is where mom and dad hit it off?" Scorpius asked, raising an eyebrow at his younger sister, trying to keep the disgust out of his voice.

Carina rolled her eyes. "Yes. I read Mom's diary. You were conceived because they flirted over a game of pool," she waved her hand towards the lone pool table that had seen better days. "It's better than knowing what they do on the one in the lounge."

Scorpius looked around the old pub, face mirroring the one that his father wore often when things weren't up to his standards. "They're so weird. At least the twins weren't products of their pool table kink."

"Can we stop talking about mom and dad's sex life?" Carina shuttered. "Seriously ick."

They walked over to the lone bartender. Scorpius ordered their drinks, a firewhiskey for him, and a glass of wine for Carina. "You started it. Happy birthday, sis." They clinked their glasses together and drank in silence for a few, enjoying the other's company as they pre-gamed her party tonight. Although they loved their younger siblings dearly, the two oldest Malfoy children had a unique bond.

Carina drained her glass and hopped off the barstool. "Come on, let's go play a game and we can tell Uncle Theo about it tonight."

They walked over to the pool table and racked the balls, arguing about who got to break. While they argued, another couple had walked in and noticed the slight scene the younger Malfoy children were making in the corner.

"Granger," Draco hissed. "Why are our children at our bar?"

Hermione laughed, motioning to the bartender for their usual, a firewhiskey for him, a glass of wine for her. "I found Carina with my diaries. She's been big into finding her true love. She probably just wanted to see what was so romantic about this place."

Draco snorted as he took a sip. "There's nothing romantic about this place, love."

She turned to respond but stopped and watched two men, one dirty blond, one brunette, walk over to her children at the pool table, seemingly friendly with her son. The group re-racked the table to start over, playing as a team. When her son commented on the blond one missing his third shot, Hermione saw Carina's face blush at whatever the man had responded with. "Maybe there is, after all."