Secrets

Korra failing a class and have her be tutored. I honestly prefer to have Korra tutored by someone else who really likes her, as Guest suggested, than Asami because that makes for great plot later on! I might have a chapter where Asami replaces said person because she's late xD

...

There were four teams and two courts, thus splitting the gym in half. With there being different grades, a few freshman, sophomores, five juniors, and the majority taken up by seniors, there were enough for teams. Asami wasn't lying when she said she picked Korra first, followed by Opal, Jinora, Kai, and a few others for a total of eight players on her team. Korra thanked the gods that Hisoka wasn't on their team.

Asami's team was Team Four. They went to their side of the gym and Asami told them their positions on the court. The other team took their place. It was Hisoka's team, Team Three. Korra groaned inwardly and crossed her arms. Asami walked up to her.

"Think you can serve first?" she asked.

Korra nodded. "Sure." Asami smiled before moving on to the rest of the team.

Korra moved to the corner of the court and readied herself to focus on the game. If anything, she had to give her all in this game. It'd be a long shot, but maybe she could even impress Asami. That triggered a series of possible daydreams in Korra's mind, only to be interrupted by the coach's whistle.

"Remember, one hand serve!" he said. "First one to twenty-five wins!" He blew his whistle again.

The coach's assistant became referee for Team Three and Four. She passed the ball to Korra, who caught it with one hand. She looked at the other team. Hisoka was up front, but his eyes weren't on Korra's serve. They, of all places, were on Asami. Korra's blood began to boil and she clenched her teeth behind her lips. His eyes may have been on Asami, but Asami's were on Korra. Korra tossed up the ball, her hand connected with it, and it flew over the net.

Her intention was to just startle him, maybe spike the ball so it would bounce next to him and make him jump. She misinterpreted her aim and the power she put in her serve. It made it over the net, yes, but it also hit Hisoka right in the face. He let out a cry of surprise and brought his hand to his face. The assistant halted the game and headed over to him.

"Sorry!" Korra called, fighting a smile.

"Jeez, Korra," Kai commented, grinning.

"What if you broke his nose?" Jinora said.

Korra waved her hand in dismissal. "He's fine! Nothing a little muscle can't handle, right?!" She said the last part loud enough for Hisoka to hear. Asami covered her mouth in a fit of giggles.

"He's okay!" the assistant announced. She turned and rested her eyes on Korra. "Watch your serve next time."

"You got it." Korra said, still fighting a smirk.

The assistant narrowed her eyes, picking up the ball and rolling it under the net at Korra. Korra picked up the ball and served it properly, starting the game.

It had been going so well at first. They were ahead by four points, and it was their serve. Kai was serving next. The ball went over the net and one of the other team's players just barely caught it, sending it back. It was headed towards Korra. She ran forward.