Chapter 30: Hide and Seek

Your Lady got up from the chair and extracted her claws before she stood in front of you and Donna. You gulped and leaned to the side to watch what was happening. Donna frowned.

"The elevator had no fuse, an escape is impossible! My monster was supposed to kill him, I don't wanna know what he did to it!"

You all looked over to the elevator, the doors were open but you couldn't see inside from that angle. Your breath hitched when someone stepped out of it.

"Ethan Winters, finally. You disgusting thief will pay for what you've done!"

Lady Dimitrescu walked over to him but he didn't move nor did he say anything. She buried her claws inside Jim before she cut off his head but there was no blood. It was a wooden doll, dressed like Ethan.

'I gotta admit that was smart. The bad thing is, he probably used this distraction to escape through the window.'

It seemed like you all had the same idea because the three of you ran over to the window that was opened. When you looked behind you Donna was gone. You just couldn't hear Donna angry screams from the basement.

"Alcina, I don't know what we are supposed to do now. We are doomed, we really are."

You started shaking, scared that Mother Miranda would find out, scared that she would hurt your Lady. You didn't even care for your own life but you cared for hers. When Donna came back she had lost her smile.

"He took my flask now, Alcina. But I know where he went. If you could get this flask back for me and take this man over here I'd be do so thankful."

Your Lady thought about it for a while but nodded in the end. It was like Lady Dimitrescu had accepted Donna has her fourth daughter and the way she cared about Donna was just adorable.

"You take care of my Maiden then. I don't want her to come with me, she is still pretty hurt. Y/N, look at me."

And you did. You hated the thought of leaving her alone, hunting down this unpredictable man. Maybe you would never see her again.

"Don't try to follow me, you won't find me. I know what you're thinking. But I will come back to you, you will see me again. And I will kiss your lips again."

She got on her knees and hugged you gently before she kissed your forehead. Then she walked outside. You looked after her, hoping that she would just come back inside but she didn't. When you heard her horse snorting you sighed. Nervously you looked around and were caught with your negative thoughts until Angie came up to you.

"Now we can finally play hide and seek, isn't that amazing! I'll wanna hide first, you count to 20. Ready? Great!"

She giggled and then went to hide somewhere in the house. You turned to face the wall and started counting.

'Counting was more fun when your mistress punished you.'

You quickly shook your head. Now wasn't the time to think about that stuff. When you reached 20 you started walking through the house. You started in the kitchen, opening all drawers and the oven but she was nowhere. You moved to the living room and the bathroom downstairs but again you didn't succeed. When you headed upstairs you could hear her giggle so you walked into the bedroom and opened the wardrobe and there she was. She giggled again and got out of the wardrobe.

"You found me, congrats! Now I wanna count. Go and hide!"

As soon as she started counting you ran downstairs but you couldn't find a good hiding spot so you got in the elevator and moved to the basement.  It was dark and scary but at least there were multiple choices on where to hide. You got into the bedroom and hid under the bed. The dolls around you scared you, it was like they stared at you. When you wanted to brush your hair with your hand you noticed something slimy on your fingers. You screamed loudly when you noticed that it was something like blood.

'Wait...Donna said something about a go damn monster! Okay well maybe my Lady will come back but I won't! This is my grave, I'm so done.'

You started panicking when you heard slimy sounds coming in your direction. You could hear a baby cry out for its mother but the fact that it was a really deep voice for a child made you really uncomfortable. You stopped breathing and covered your mouth when that slimy thing entered the bedroom. It had a huge mouth and looked just like a tall fetus. You gulped, it moved around the bed, still mumbling words like momma or dadda. When you couldn't hold your breath anymore you took a few deep breaths but the fetus noticed you. It tried to reach under the bed but it didn't reach you. You screamed as loud as you could and curled up so it couldn't reach you but there was no escape for you. Right when you thought about your last words Angie's voice made the fetus stop all its actions. Then it finally left and you could get up.

"I should've told you not to go in the basement but I thought you were smart enough to notice that you're. Guess you didn't. Anyway, let's go upstairs and make you some tea. I think you need to calm down a little, right?"

You nodded quickly and moved to the elevator with Angie. When you were back in the living room you sat down on the couch while Donna made you some tea. A bit later she sat down next to you and handed it to you.

"Be careful, it's hot."

She smiled softly and you thanked her before you sipped it. It took a few minutes before you calmed down but you knew you were safe now. Donna cupped your cheek and smiled.

"Im kinda jealous on Alcina to be honest. No wonder why she doesn't kill you."

Before you could do anything you had Donna's lips on yours. But right when you wanted to push her away, maybe even give her a slap the door opened and your Lady walked inside.