Chapter 53: The Mission

It took a really long while until everyone slowly stopped sobbing. You got up and pulled Bela with you before you turned to your Lady who was shaking in anger and grief. Her eyes were red and puffy, her voice was shaking when she started to speak.

"We need to go to that place and see if she somehow managed to escape. I don't want to believe that something happened to her. No, I'm sure she is alright. There's nothing to worry about. Come on, let's go already!"

You knew your Lady tried to deny the fact that Daniela probably didn't make it but if she was honest to herself she'd know that there wasn't a big chance for the youngest to win a fight against a group of lycans. Cassandra and Bela stayed close to you and your Lady when you opened the huge door and walked outside into the forest. It was a really long walk, your feet started to hurt but you didn't care. Your daughter was in danger and you needed to find her as soon as possible. A deep scream escaped your Lady's mouth when she saw the bloody gown and sickle laying in the dirty. There was blood everywhere as well as the lycan's fur. Lady Dimitrescu got on her knees and hugged the gown, pressing it against her chest near her heart while salty tears ran down her cheeks and dropped on the blood ground.

"Daniela?! No! This can't be! Why would they attack you after hundred years of peace? I should've never let you outside, this is my fault! I will find you, Daniela. I promise!"

Just a few moments later she broke down sobbing and begging for someone to help her daughter but it was too late, you knew that. You sat down next to her and wrapped your arms around her to hold your mistress while she sobbed in your shoulder. The two other girls stood there in shock, staring at the bloody sickle unable to say a word. You frowned when the bird suddenly stopped singing and every single animal started to disappear in their homes. Soon you got what was happening. The familiar female voice behind you made you hug your Lady closer to protect her in case she would tried to harm her.

"Well well well. What do we have here? A little family meeting? It's just really sad that one family member is missing, isn't it?"

Mother Miranda hummed with a smirk and your Lady pushed you off her to get up immediately. With quick steps she made her way to Mother Miranda amd grabbed her by her throat. By now she clearly didn't care who she was talking to.

"How much blood and sweat do you think it took to raise those daughters?! Tell me what you've done to my daughter and then give her back to me!"

Her head was bright red, she was in pure rage and her grip got firmer and firmer until Mother Miranda digged her finger claws into the side of your Lady who let go off her in pain. Mother Miranda shook her head laughing.

"She really messed you up. I told you to get rid of this girl or she'd ruin you and now look at you, you ungrateful selfish wretch!"

With a quick movement Mother Miranda slapped your Lady, leaving blood marks all over her face because of her claws. At that moment you got up and ran towards Mother Miranda but with a small hand gesture you were unable to move. She smirked satisfied seeing you so helpless after all the trouble you had caused.

"I'll let you choose. You can either take your stupid little Maiden back home or you give her to me and I'll give you back your youngest daughter. I hold her prisoner in my dungeon, doing some experiments with her. She is really weak and won't survive another week. The choice is yours, Alcina. But choose wisely."

Lady Dimitrescu walked over to you and hugged you with her trembling arms. She kissed your lips gently while her eyes filled with tears. Then she turned to face Mother Miranda.

"You can't make me choose, I love both of them and I need both of them in my life!"

Mother Miranda shrugged smirking before she raised her voice.