Chapter 4

No one spoke and moved after Jellal drops those words, not Lucy who are still holding the door open, or Porlyusica who was about to get something, her hand still in the air. Not even Wendy nor Erza, who has an idea about it. The only thing that you can notice in the entire room is the inaudible breathing of everyone.

Until Erzelle, with wobbly feet walks to her father. "What did you say, Dad?" she asks almost a whisper, "Nova and Lexi will vanish? But how? Why?" Tears started to fall and sobs came out. "Why?" Erzelle shouted and almost fall on the floor if Gale was not fast enough to catch her.

Following Gale were Levy and Gajeel. Levy pushes Lucy inside that wakes up the latter from her trance due to the shocked. Gajeel silently closes the door behind him. "It's best if you are here, Porlyusica-san," Levy said, enough for the old woman to take notice.

Porlyusica nodded, "Alright, I'll be there."

They did not wait long until Porlyusica came over to the guild. Due to the urgency of the matter and the guild being a family, Erza decided not to keep it a secret to the members. They resume the discussion in the hall with the members around them.

"What you've got, Levy?" Porlyusica asks.

"I've run down the books Jellal and Erza lent to me. Also, the books that I've got related to it and the ones in the guild's library. All the things I've found came to one conclusion, there is a high chance that something here in our present will shift or change," Levy explained.

She paused for a second before continuing, "We haven't noticed any magical residue nor curse in both Nova and Lexi. This means that no one used magic on them but still strange things occur. If I am right, something is changing in the past".

Everyone becomes silent, trying to digest everything Levy said. Others can't believe what they hear while others are worried that this happens without Laxus and Mira. Because it's rare that all masters of the guilds across Fiore, the Magic Council that composed of the powerful Ten Wizard Saint and the Queen to gather in one place, their location is unknown for security purposes. Laxus and Mira just brought Freed and Mest as their escort. Elfman and Evergreen are on vacation with their kids while Bixslow and Lisanna are on an errand by Laxus.

"What do you mean, Levy-chan?" Lucy asked in a quiet voice, breaking the silence. Behind her is Natsu holding her in the shoulder.

"I can't really be sure Lu-chan, but remember when future Lucy came to the present to warn us about the dragons?" Levy answered with a question. Lucy nodded, urging the solid script mage to continue. "We might not notice but something changes in the present at that time, not just the future. Now, for the twin's case, I'm not sure if someone from the future came to the past to change something. Since we can say that they existed but in different timelines, something might happen that triggered the change. Those are the possibilities that I can think of."

Porlyusica who has been thinking after hearing what Levy said couldn't agree more. "What timeline is it Levy?" she inquired.

"Before Lexus and the twins were born or maybe even before Mira and Laxus got together," Levy replied looking at the old woman.

Erza gasp, reflexively Jellal reach out to her and pulled her into him. Erza relaxed in Jellal's arms, feeling secure. As always, nothing can calm her easily but Jellal's embrace. She surveyed the present member to find the caster mage, Warren. She found him busy holding his miniature communication lacrima.

"Warren," Erza called, "have you contacted the three?" 

Warren looks at Erza and replies, "not yet, Erza. I don't know what happened but I can't get through to any of the three".