Chapter 5

The adults started to devised a rush plan for the three girls that will find a way and will travel back to the past. Trying their best to help and to assure the teens that despite others will not be able to accompany them, they will never be alone. The thoughts and feelings of the members, their family will be with them.

Lucy came back to the table where her comrades are still talking after calling her ancestor Anna. "Minna, gomen," she said with a sorry look on her face. "Anna-san doesn't know or heard anything about traveling to the past. In their case, it was all because of Zeref. We all know that Zeref is no longer here with First Master Mavis."

"You don't have to say sorry Lu-chan," Levy consoled. "We'll have to think one step at a moment. We are all aware that we can't solve this in an instant."

"Levy is right, Lucy," Erza frees herself from Jellal's embrace and walks towards her celestial mage friend. She holds her hands hoping that it can give her comfort. "For now, the girls will find a way to talk to Ultear, she might know something as she is a time mage."

"While the girls are doing what they need to do. We will continue to look for a way to help, right?" Juvia added with a small smile to Lucy. "And we might need you Lucy as you are a celestial mage."

"Hai! Arigato minna. I'm just worried," she looked to the twin, "especially that Mira and Laxus are not here."

"We are all worried, Lucy but the most important thing now is not what we feel but to find a way. As I can see, time is our enemy," Porlyusica said in a dead-serious tone while looking at everyone. She is right.

"Do we need to wait for Lexus before these girls start their journey?" Kinana asks pointing at the girls and to change the subject. Just like Porlyusica said, they don't have the time to dwell in their emotion as of now.

"I think it's best for them to depart the soonest and we will have Lexus follow them rather than asking him to return," Gray suggested. "We can have Sylvie and Gale explain to him everything and meet up with Nova, Lexi, and Erzelle."

"Gray is right," Jellal agreed, "we will save time that way." Everyone agreed to Gray and Jellal. "Will it be alright for you to leave right away, Nova, Lexi?" Jellal asks the twin thoughtfully. "Your parents are not here yet. We were just suggesting, the decision is still on you both."

"We will leave tomorrow morning, Uncle Jellal," Nova firmly said looking directly at her best friend's father. "Is that okay with you Lexi?" she asked her twin.

Lexi nodded in agreement, "yes. Mom and Dad will surely understand."

"Alright!," Erza gets the attention of everyone. "Juvia and I will help the girls prepare for the things they need. Levy, Lucy," she turned to them, "can you please continue to research about traveling to the past?" Both of them nodded with a determined look on their face.

"I will go and prepare some medicine and tonic that they might need in their journey," Porlyusica said and stand up from her seat to leave. "Will you help me, Wendy?" she ask her apprentice. 

"Hai!" Wendy agreed without a second thought, determined to help in any way she can. "Let's go, Charle," they followed Porlyusica.

"Warren, continue to try contacting the three boys. Max, you help out Warren and monitor Sylvie and Gale. Don't lose them, alright?" Erza commanded, leading the guild in the absence of their Master. "Inform me right away once you establish contact or if there is any development. Arigato minna."

Everyone goes back to their assigned task. Some of them follow Levy and Lucy to the library. They need all the help they can get as it may take time to run through all the books in there. Kinana with the help of Laki prepares the food for their busy comrades.

"I think it's best that you help Levy," Erza said to Jellal. "I will help the twins pack their things with Juvia and bring it to the house."

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" he asked in a hushed tone, holding Erza's hand. He's worried about his wife.

Erza nodded trying her best to hide her worry but she's aware that she can never lie to him. Jellal knows her too much, more than she knows herself. "I will be fine," she assured.

"I know," Jellal pulled Erza close and kiss her forehead. "You are the strongest woman I know, you will be fine. You will always be, but you know that you don't have to bear it all, right? I'm just here, we are just here."

Erza did not say a word but hugged Jellal tightly. She was so thankful to have a very loving husband and children in addition to her loving family, Fairy Tail. She doesn't have regret with everything. If she has to go through all the hardship over and over again, she will if it will end up where she is today. 

Erza free Jellal from her hug. Juvia is already waiting for her with the twins and her daughter. Before she can say anything, Erzelle throws herself in between her parents. Jellal kissed her in the head and said, "call me if anything happens, sweet."

"Yes, Dad,"  she looks up and saw her father looking at her lovingly. She can feel a little guilt tugging in her heart. She will leave with her parent's blessing, with them being there for her while the twins are not. Their parents are not even aware of what's happening at this moment.

Erzelle frees herself from her father and goes back to her friends and hugs them tightly without any word before they left to prepare their things. Gray gives Juvia a rough hug and patted her back, assuring the water mage in silence that everything will be fine before the latter and Erza follow the three girls. Gray and Jellal with Rose followed the other to the library located in the basement of the guild.

Meanwhile, Gale and Sylvie are still on their way to Crocus. They are hoping to reach Crocus at night so that they can take shelter before they will continue for another trip way up north. Sylvie doesn't want to camp out tonight. Besides, they need to reach Crocus even if how late it is. Because that means they are almost halfway to their destination. 

"We might be able to reach Sabertooth tomorrow night," Gale said to Sylvie. "I'm thinking of asking for their help to find the three."

"That's what I'm thinking too," Sylvie agreed. "Time is the essence, Gale. It's not best when our enemy is the time itself and we know a little of how big this situation is."

"Yes, and we need all the time that we can save," Gale said looking outside the carriage that slowly envelops by the darkness of the night. " It will be a little easier and we might find them as early as we can be if we can get help."

"I am glad that our parents established a strong friendship with Sabers that was passed down to us," Sylvie sighed. "We know that they will offer all the help they can if needed and so we are." Like Gale, Sylvie is also looking at the darkness slowly envelops them up as far as her eyes can see. The sun finally set on its horizon. 

She was clenching her hands beside her a little too strong that her nails are digging into her palm. Gale who whiffs a smell of blood from the girl in front of him snaps his head toward her only to be found trying her best to hide her body shaking a little. He reached both Sylvie's hands and stretch it out, without a word he wiped the blood in her hands. He pulled her into his lap after and give her a hug. Sylvie's arm automatically wrapped into Gale's waist and her head on his chest, a cry that she's been suppressing came out.

"I'm scared, Gale," she confessed in between her cries. "I'm scared that we will lose the twin and Lexus."

Gale runs his hands in Sylvie's hair trying to comfort her, "We won't allow that to happen, Sylvie. We won't lose them."

Like Sylvie, Gale is also scared. Everything will never be the same if they will lose them, all three of them for that matter. But he believes in Fairy Tail, their bond that is more than blood. Fairy Tail will not lose any of its family. With that belief and thought, he found hope that everything will be alright.