Forty

Jungkook saw Lavender sitting on Jimin's lap in the corner of the ship, Jimin playing with her hair, and her almost asleep with her head resting against his. He saw Hoseok giving Yoongi a piggyback ride and carrying him into their shared bedroom, Yoongi looking sleepy.

He saw Jin and Namjoon sitting by the windows, drinking wine, talking in murmurs.
Jungkook began crying.

Namjoon and Jin turned around with a frown.

"Jungkook? Oh god- what's wrong? Are you hurt?" Jin asked, and Jungkook brought his fists to his eyes, wailing.

"N-no-" Jungkook squeaked, shaking his head as tears rushed down his puffy cheeks. "I-I want Taehyungie t-too... where is h-he?"

"Taehyung's in the kitchen with his dad, you dumbass. Stop crying." Namjoon snapped, and Jungkook stopped crying, sniffling a bit, and then looked down shyly.

"Oh. Sorry." Jungkook said, and then saw the control room door open and Taeyung and Zaivis walk inside, both laughing about something.

"Really, it's crazy! Father goes out 6 times a week to gravity golf for hours. He really has nothing to do with his time. Honestly, it's kind of sad now that I think about it. Really sad. How come he didn't tell me he was gay?" Taehyung mumbled to himself, and Zaivis patted his back.

"Don't overthink it. Your dad had always been a little bit of a grump. I h-hope he won't be angry to see me." Zaivis mumbled, and then looked at Namjoon and Jin and gasped. "Ooh- pour me a glass of wine too!"

Taehyung watched him walk away and Jungkook rushed over to him. "How is it spending time with him?"

"Really great, actually. It's like having another parent. Fuck- wait, he is another parent. No, it just- it's weird. My father's always ignored me, only talked to me when I did well in stuff, and just shut himself out for a long time. So it's nice to have someone who's so relaxed and... fun, y'know?" Taehyung said, and Jungkook nodded.

"Yes! My parents suck too. My mom only likes my older brother and my dad forgets my name sometimes." Jungkook giggled, and then looked down, saddened by what he said. Taehyung cradled his cheek and kissed his forehead.

"I'll be your dad," Taehyung said, and Jungkook grimaced and pushed him away, both giggling.

"So. What's up with them?" Zaivis whispered to Jin and Namjoon, gesturing over at Taehyung and Jungkook. "Are they dating? Married? Soulmates? Or just that weird thing some people do where they both really like each other but aren't dating yet?"

"Oh no no- they're dating. Soulmates too, I think-"

"Really?" Zaivis gasped, and then rushed over to Taehyung and Jungkook. "Oh, you two are soulmates?"

"Yes! Yes, we're dating! I'm not a dog- and I'm so sorry for insinuating I was some sort of a sex slave pet that time when you walked in on us kissing," Jungkook said, hugging Taehyung tightly.

"How amazing. Everyone always says only Junos can be soulmates with one another, but that's stupid! Especially with people spreading across the universe now! I mean, your father felt like he was my soulmate. He tasted like wine to me," Zaivis chuckled, and Jungkook gasped.

"Ooh! Taehyung's semen tasted like white chocolate to m-" Jungkook began, and Taehyung smacked his head and then smiled sheepishly at his dad.

"Um- yeah. Jungkook and I are soulmates." Taehyung said, and then hugged Jungkook, rubbing his head lightly while Jungkook whimpered into his chest. "So how's the birth process for males?"

"If the soulmate connection is very strong, a sort of temporary uterus grows in you along with the baby in it," Zaivis explained with a smile. "I'm sure you want to know, huh?"