Chapter 3

After they ran into their room they sat there panting. Mia came in and asked "What were you guys doing?" They looked at each other and told what they saw to the other two.

Mia and Rose sat there with jaws dropped. Rose asked "Kat did you say you felt like something was going to happen?" Kat nodded.

Then Rose said "Remember when we were small whenever something big happened you always said you had that feeling."

Katherine then realized and said "Yeah I did but after 10 it stopped and I didn't think about it again. But today's feeling was stronger than before ones."

The others nodded and Mia said "Are you like a seer or something?" And everyone laughed. That night Katherine didn't sleep. She kept tossing and turning thinking about that feeling and the message. It was as if they were connected.

The next day all of them kept quiet about the incident. They expected the teachers to say something but there was nothing.

The group went to the library but there was no message . The four of them looked at each other. The area where the message was written was hidden inside an alcove.

So only the 4 of them were there. While they were about to go back they heard someone clearing their throat. There was a man who looked old . But he looked very wise and he wore very noble clothes. 

He looked at Katherine and showed a surprised expression but covered it quickly. He asked "What are you 4 doing here?" Kat answered "We were going to the library and stumbled upon this alcove."

He looked at them and dismissed them. "Looks like they found the guy and erased the message." said Nicki. The rest nodded and went to their dorms.

That night again Katherine couldn't sleep and went for a walk till their secluded spot near the mountain.

She didn't notice it before but there was a cave to the side . She got the best of her curiosity and went inside. She saw a guy of her same age with perfect features.

He had windswept black hair and purple eyes. He was in some kind of training outfit and panting. When he noticed her he too showed a surprised expression seeing her. "Hey what are you doing here?" he asked.

Kat answered sheepishly "I came for a walk because I couldn't sleep and I found this cave. I thought there was no one here sorry. " He looked at her and smiled and said "Its ok . I'm Ares and you are? "

Katherine looked at his smile and her heart stopped for a second. She blinked and answered "I'm Katherine. I have never seen you around . Are you second year?"

He hesitated and answered "I know the headmaster and he gives me special lessons so I stay separately." Katherine nodded and looked at the time and said "Oh no I gotta go back its already quite late. Nice meeting you I'll see you around. " and she ran back to her room.