Chapter-5

Rhea nudged him to bring him out of his imaginary world and asked,"Is it her

"Is it her...?"

He nodded affirmatively and pulled her cheeks in joy and moved towards Naira,while Rhea blushed for his act.

On the other hand Aditya was asking Naira's details. He was about to propose her with a flower but Karthik absentmindedly walked between them unaware of the situation. Aditya dropped his flower in the process and his anger rose up. He held Karthik's collar and turned him to face him. Karthik was also furious by this and he too held his Aditya's collar. Both of their eyes are filled with rage and Aditya was about to punch him but Karthik held his fist in the mid air before it could reach him. He pressed Aditya's fist hard that he slightly winced in pain. In the chaos Naira recognized Karthik and whispered his name which went unheard by him.

Anurag panicked that situation is getting out of hands so he intrudes between them. Aditya groaned internally as there were so many interferences today.

"Sorry Sir, Karthik thoda short-tempered hain, isiiye voh aisa react kiya..."
(Sorry Sir, Karthik is little short-tempered, that's why he reacted in this way...)
Anurag tried to justify his acts.

Karthik gave an unbelievable look for his stupid excuse and Aditya to rolled his eyes as he doesn't want to create a scene. So they both freed themselves from the clutches.
Aditya spoke in a warning tone,
"Acha teekh hain, lekin aage se sambhal ke rehna ko kaho isse..."
(It's alright, but tell him to behave carefully from further...)

Anurag assured him and dragged Karthik to the canteen.
"Pagal hain kya tu? Kya karne jaa raha tha tu...? Pehle din hi seniors se koyi ladta hain kya... Tu beech mein kyun gaya..."
(Are you mad? What you wanna do there? Will anyone pick up fight with the seniors on the first day? Why did you intuded between them...?)
Anurag ranted on him. That's when Karthik realised the purpose he went and he immediately stood up and bumped into someone.

Naira...

When Karthik intruded there Naira recognized it's him and she was beyond surprised seeing him here. She was confused with the fight and saw someone dragging him to the canteen. She somehow escaped from Aditya and followed them to the canteen. She didn't expect that Karthik would stand up abruptly and her breathe got hitched seeing him so close to her. Karthik words stuck in his throat due to the proximity and gulped nervously. Her lavender perfume mesmerized his nerves and watched her without a blink. Their moment was broken when they heard Anurag's voice,
"Naira tum yahan...?"
(Naira... You here...?)
He asked in surprise. Now he understood why Karthik ran like a maniac.

"Tum Anurag ho na...?"
(You're Anurag right...?)
Naira asked him and he nodded in yes and spoke,
"It's unbelievable you know. I mean do(2) saal baad hum aise milenge yeh maine nhi socha nhi tha... Hain na Karthik..."
(I mean after two years, I didn't think we will meet like this. Isn't Karthik...?)