Chapter 3

Science Day

Science Day.

All the corridors are busy with student crowds and it's not less then a youth festival.
All the students who are participating in science are ready with their projects.

Naira's POV.

It's a big day for us.Anurag Nivi and I are ready with our projects but Karthik is not arrived yet.Oh god he is the one who should give introduction to our project.Where are stuck up Karthik? Our Principal along with today's Chief guest are visiting all the projects.There he comes.

"Why have you been so late Karthik? You know right you should give introduction."
I ranted on him.

He stood there silently until I completely my scoldings.

"Ab tumhara ho gaya toh....Chale bahut kaam hain."

"Ya Whatever..."
I rolled my eyes....
Soon Principal and chief guest arrived at our project and we explained about it with a full confidence.After visiting all the projects all students along with the participants gathered in the hall as it is time to announce the winners of every class.
We four stood at a corner in the crowd.Our principal is announcing the winners from each class and we are waiting impatiently.I am becoming more tenser each passing minutes.When our junior class received the prize now it's time for to announce the winner from our class.My heart thumped loudly so I clutched Karthik stand who stood beside me. Soon he gave me a stunned look and his hand was Shivering and he is tensed about someone are watching us....Then he also held my hand firmly. I don't know why but I felt relaxed in his hold and then our princy announcing the winner.

"And last from the 9th standard the best project is Karthik and his team." he announced with a loud voice.
For a moment time freezed for me.
I am hell excited after listening it.Finally we did it.Me and my teammates climbed the podium and received our prizes.Later we descended down soon our classmates surrounded us congratulating us.

********

An year later.

Karthik's POV

I didn't even believe that how this one year has completed.Yeah right now I am in my 10th standard.Soon we gonna leave this school.Our farewell party is scheduled next week and this is making emotional.I am gonna miss this school my friends and the fun we had here.Next month we are having our board exams. I am bit nervous regarding exams yet confident.

Though right now I am focusing on my studies the thought of bidding bye for my school is still bothering me.I think this is the least bothering excuse for me. Because the main is the other one.I am going to miss Naira.Why? It's because she is my first crush.Or may be my school love.....

**********

Evening karthik wanted to go to home late..As he wanted to be in school ground for sometime he made a call to his parents and said he will be late to home...He was feeling not leave school as these are the most memorable days in his life For any person school days are the best and he is gonna miss them...