01

Emily's pov

I've always been a dreamer. When I was younger, you could always find me in the reading corner I made for myself, lost in my own world. A world where brave princes would rescue princesses, and they would live happily ever after.

I was enchanted by the idea of love, of finding that one person who would understand you like no one else can.

As I grew older, I delved into books of all genres: mystery, fantasy and even a few thrillers, but romance always remained my favorite theme.

I love exploring the character developments and the inner thoughts of the protagonists. There is something magical about watching two different characters find understanding in one another.

I often wonder what it would be like to experience that for myself. To feel the fluttering of butterflies in my stomach, to have someone constantly on my mind.

Sadly, I've never been in a relationship or even had a crush on someone in real life. Love, it seemed was something that happened to other people, not to me.

But it all changed when I met Liam Wilson.

I still remember the first time I saw him. We were in a lecture hall, waiting for our professor to start a class on neuro psychology.

I had just pulled out my computer to take notes when he walked in. He certainly wasn't the type who would normally catch my eye, he seemed too popular, too out of my league.

But there was something about him that I couldn't ignore. His striking green eyes and curly brown hair caught my attention. His brown hair fell perfectly over his forehead. And his smile. He has a smile that could light up the whole room.

In the past few months, I learned more about him. Despite his popularity, he's not like those stereotypical guys who plays around with many women. Liam is genuinely intelligent and kind.

I even overheard him talking to a friend once as he mentioned a book he was reading. It was nothing popular, in fact it was a classic, something you read for the love of it, not because everyone else does.

I can't take my eyes of him as I'm sitting in a lecture about neurotransmitters following his every move as he's taking notes. How can someone simply be so beautiful and be so oblivious about it?

Almost every time my gaze would drift towards Liam Wilson, watching the way he was concentrated as he took notes and the way his lips turned into a small smile when he understood something nobody else seemed to understand.

His intellect and charm make me crave even the slightest acknowledgment from him. Day by day, my fondness for Liam blossomed.

So, I started sitting near to him in lectures, far enough to make it look obvious, but close enough that I could see him taking his notes as he would run a hand through his perfect brown curls.

I knew it was silly, this crush really had taken a hold of me and Liam doesn't even know I exist. But I couldn't help it. For the first time, I knew understood where all the girls in my favorite book had been talking about. The yearning and hope of it all. It was even better to feel this way in real life.

I wonder what it will be like to be friends with him. I bet it would be amazing and we would get to talk about our favorite books. Okay stop I need to stop he doesn't even know me.

"Still dreaming about that boy, I can literally see you eyefucking him, while I'm not even looking at you." my best friend Emmy says interfering me from my thoughts. She knows about my crush on Liam.

"No, I totally didn't." I immediately looked away from Liam when my friend caught me looking at him.

Emmy kept asking me about him when she saw me looking over at him all the time and eventually I told her everything. She is so excited for me.

She's been in a relationship with Justin for a year now and before that they were the best friends. They are so cute together. She really deserves it. She deserves all the happiness in the world.

Emmy is the best friend anyone could ever ask for. We met at a party and we hit it off immediately. She's the most confident person I know and Emmy's been hoping for me to date a boy for ages.

As the professor kept talking about the stimuli causing the neurotransmitters to react and form a response, my mind would drift of to the time I saw Liam walk in the hallway.

His 6"3 figure immediately caught my attention and then he looked at me with the most beautiful green eyes. I didn't know what to do, so I smiled a little hoping not to make the situation awkward and I could swear I saw him smile back.

I'd be lying if I said I couldn't feel a sparkle and feel a hundred butterflies running through my stomach when I think about the moment he looked at me.

"Okay class I need you to read the material I'll send to you and do a small assignment before the next class." the professor said meaning this lecture was over and our breaks would start.

"And Miss Smith, can I speak to you for a minute?" the professor called causing me to stop walking away.

Am I in trouble now?

Hi welcome to the story! I really hoped you enjoyed the first chapter.