06

A day flew by when I realized I had't even thought about Liam for a while. I've been too busy analyzing the research, while keeping up with my assignments and lectures as well.

Tonight, I will see my friends again. It's Saturday today, meaning it's time to party. We will meet at our favorite club. I'm really looking forward to see my friends and to go to a party to keep my mind off the research for a while.

I've updated my friends about the meeting with Chris on text, they all think he's a jackass.

"You're ready?" Stephanie asked the moment I just put on my make-up. "Yeah, let's go." We made our way to our favorite club in the city.

The moment we stepped into the club, I could tell it was going to be one of those wild nights. Everyone around me seemed already a bit drunk.

Stephanie had already disappeared into the crowd, pulling Stacy along with her, and Emmy was chatting with Justin about some playlist they made together. I lingered by the door, scanning the room. I wasn't sure what I was looking for until I saw him.

Liam.

He was across the room, leaning against the kitchen island, talking to a group of his friends. His laughed at something his friends said, and my stomach did that familiar flip it always did whenever I saw him.

He looked good, he always did, but tonight, there was something different. Maybe it was the way his curls fell a little messier than usual. Or maybe it was just the fact that he was here, at the same party as me.

"Emily, are you coming?" Emmy's voice snapped me back to reality. She and Justin were already halfway across the living room, looking back at me expectantly.

"Yeah, I'm coming," I said, trying to sound casual as I tore my gaze away from Liam.

I followed them to the other side of the room, where a group of people were pouring drinks and laughing. I smiled, nodded along as Emmy handed me a cup, but my mind kept drifting back to Liam.

Every now and then, I'd glance in his direction, and each time, my heart would sink a little when I saw that he was still talking to his friends.

"Hey, you okay?" Stephanie asked, suddenly appearing beside me. She handed me a drink, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, just... I saw Liam," I admitted, taking the cup from her.

Her eyes lit up, and she immediately started scanning the room. "Where?"

"Over there, by the kitchen," I said, trying to sound nonchalant, but my voice betrayed me. "But it's fine. He's with his friends."

Stephanie gave me a knowing look. "Emily, you've had a crush on him for, like, forever. You should go talk to him."

I shook my head quickly. "No way. I wouldn't even know what to say."

She sighed. "You don't have to say much. Just go over, smile, and see what happens. You might be surprised."

I hesitated, my eyes drifting back to Liam. He was laughing at something, his whole face lighting up. For a moment, I let myself imagine what it would be like to be the one making him smile like that. The idea both thrilled and terrified me.

"What if he thinks I'm weird?" I asked, voicing the fear that had kept me from approaching him all this time.

"He won't," Stephanie said firmly. "You're awesome, and if he doesn't see that, then he's the weird one."

I laughed, despite myself. "You're just saying that because you're my friend."

"No, I'm saying it because it's true," she insisted. "Look, you don't have to go over there if you're not ready. But at least give yourself the chance to have fun tonight. You never know something might just happen."