Chapter 7

I unlocked the front door to my house and walked inside, slamming the door. I don't know what's happening. First I get caught by the cops, and now I might have feelings for Kali. " GODDAMMIT! " I punched the pillow on the couch. Why does everything have to happen to me?
I don't wanna like Kali. She has a boyfriend, for starters.
I don't like the way she acts most of the time, but it draws me closer to her when she's rebellious.
What if it doesn't matter if she's got a boyfriend?
The voice in my head started.
No. Don't you start on me. I can't do that. I can't. Don't fuck up on me. I pulled on my hair.
I fucking hate that. When my mind does this shit to me. It makes me fucking feel like shit.
I could feel my mind starting to close in on me. No, I thought. This can't be happening. I ran up to my room and locked the door.
I could feel my eyes starting to get darker. I could feel the other person starting to take over. My mind was a mix of everything at this moment.
I pushed my face into my pillow right before everything for dark.

* Chrissy's POV *

I sat on Kali's couch, fearing for the worst. My dad is gonna be so angry when he finds out I ditched class. I feel so ashamed right now. I don't like skipping classes, it's never been my thing. I honestly hate myself so much for even walking out of that school. I don't want to even go home, my dad is gonna be so upset......
Kali sat on the couch, holding a toothbrush in her mouth.
" God, I hate that taste of beer. Do you think I fooled him? " She asked me. That was another thing. I'm not okay with how Kali fooled Christopher like that. She bought the beer for her dad, because he drinks now and then and she wanted it to be a surprise when they got back. She decided to open one to fool Christopher into thinking she was this big, bad girl. She thinks Christopher might like her, so she tried to throw him off by drinking beer and acting all, you know, badass. She doesn't like beer so much, she prefers wine. She hates the beer she got and had to hold in the vomit threatening to come out of her mouth.
I'm not okay with how she fooled him. If he likes her, couldn't she have just told him to back off? Like a normal person would? I think she just toyed with his feelings and that's not okay. I feel really bad for Christopher.
" Yeah, I'm sure you did. " I answered back.
" Good. " She mumbled. " I don't want to repeat that chapter of my life again. "
I felt the curiosity grow inside of me. What does she mean?
Curiosity killed the cat, said the good part of me, the one that said it was better not to ask and get involved.
But satisfaction brought it back, said the bad side, wanting me to ask and get involved. I sighed internally and opened my mouth.
" Why? What do you mean? " I asked Kali. She turned to face me slowly. " Listen, " She said.
" Chris is crazy. He's a fool and insane. I wouldn't get involved with him again. I would never ever get involved with him again. He's crazy, and he's not afraid to hurt people. So if I were you, I'd stay away. I've already learned my lesson once. I don't want my new friend to repeat it. " She said seriously. What did she mean? Is he really insane? She has to be kidding right? He doesn't seem insane. Sure, when he almost ran over me and yelled at me in the street he seemed kinda off, but certainly not crazy. I shrugged it off as Kali started flipping channels to stop on Spongebob.

* River's POV *

" This sucks. " I sighed as I did the new warm up exercises my BD wanted me to learn. I normally wouldn't have a problem with it, it's just that it's a mallet piece, and I'm not that good at mallets. I'm decent but I should be at a higher level than I am at right now. I ran a finger through my hair and started playing the rhythms again, slower this time.
" Fuck it. " I muttered and grabbed a pencil out of my bag and started labeling the notes.
" B flat, C,  D.......... ' I muttered to myself. I felt a slight tap on my shoulder and squealed.
I turned to see the one and only Dakota. " Fuck off Koala. " I said to him. He frowned.
  " What's causing you so much trouble that you have to tell me to fuck off, eh? " He put his hand on his hip and held his trumpet with the other.
  " This fucking new warm up piece of shit. " I said. He looked closer at it. " Ooooo seems hard. "  " Thanks for pointing that out. " I muttered.
   " Maybe I can help. " I heard a shy voice ask from behind me. " Uh-uh... Sure? If you want to Alexis. " I stuttered. She smiled and put two mallets in one hand and two in the other. I smiled and did the same. " This is the warm up that has you practice holding two mallets right? " She asked.
  " Y-Yeah. "  I stuttered.
She laughed. " Well let me show you..... "
  " Bye bye love birds... " Dakota smiled and I flipped him off.
   Alexis and I spent our time practicing together until it was time to leave.
   I really love her. A lot.

A/N: did I switch POVs too many times? If I did I'm sorry.
I'm so new at writing books so I can only get better right?
I decided to add River's POV because I wanted to and because who DOESN'T want to see River's little crush? I know I do. Such a cutie.
    Okay, thanks for reading my story, hopefully I'll update soon.
Please vote and comment I'd love to hear your feedback.

       -Marie