chapter one

hey all :) thanks for coming to read my new fic! please leave me all your thoughts because nothing makes me happier than reading your comments. hope you all enjoy <33

warnings: talk of sex and talk of d/s roles, sex shop

there is going to be a resounding warning for this entire book: in every single chapter, there will be dominant/submissive relationships, conversations about sex, smut (there will be separate warnings for smut) and things like pet names and collar usage. i will not be putting warning for things like d/s relationships and sex talk because that is a given. that will be in every single chapter.

read at your own discretion.

word count: 2.3k

KENDALL

i slowly pull open the glass door and step into the cold shop, eyes darting around at the interesting decor on the walls.

"hi, there!" a dark haired worker with a handful of facial piercings greets me from behind the register. "if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask."

i give her a bashful smile and nod, whispering a "thank you" and then drag myself forward. i turn down the first aisle and mostly keep my eyes down on the ground. i nearly bump into the shelf and grimace, grabbing onto a box to keep it from tumbling to the floor. i try not to examine what the box is for.

i rush my way through almost five aisles before i finally find what i'm looking for. i look up at the shelves upon shelves of books, all ranging in size and color and topic. finally feeling comfortable in this section of the store, i let my fingers run over the spines of the books. i pull out two that seem interesting and tuck them under my arm, to be bought later.

i add two more to my arms and then look over my head. i had already looked up the books i wanted to buy and i recognize the cover. so i reach up and get on my toes to try to reach for the book. i just barely manage to get my finger on the spine before the books in my arms start to slip. i curse under my breath, wobbling on my toes as i catch my books before they fall.

but before i can get my bearings, an arm shoots up beside mine and easily grabs the book. i settle back onto my heels and take the book when it's held out to me.

"thank you," i breathe out, shoving it into the last empty space in my arms.

"no problem. just didn't want you to fall."

i look up at the sound of the voice and find a tall, insanely handsome man. he's standing right beside me with a toothy smile, curly hair, and clear glasses. it's criminal how beautiful he is and i instantly feel my hands starting to clam up under his stare.

"oh," i murmur, adjusting my hold on the books. "well, thanks."

the man gestures to the book in my arms that he had just gotten for me. "a beginners guide to bdsm, huh? getting into it?"

my cheeks turn pink and i turn away from him to hide my embarrassment. "the book seemed interesting."

"oh, really?" he wears a teasing smile now, and the blush on my cheeks turns to uncontrollable butterflies in my tummy. "so you wandered into a sex shop just for the books?"

i'm suddenly aware, once again, of our setting and i start squirming. "i wanted the books. this was the only place i could think of that might have them."