chapter twelve

thank you to the lovely people who still read this fic and who comment occasionally to remind me this story exists! my current hyperfixation is the harry potter series and sirius black and remus lupin and that's where my brain is at. but anyways, enjoy!!

warnings: emotional breakdown, safe word usage (not during sex), bdsm punishment (not sexual), angst!!!!
word count: 4.7k

MATTHEW

it's needless to say that we did not talk about kendall's brattiness the next day.

i give her more time. maybe it's my forgiving nature, or reminders to myself that she only has a few months experience with submission, or just that i'm starting to realize i have feelings for her. i'm not sure which of those things is influencing me, but i decide to give her more time to get her attitude together.

on a random day off, i decide to reread our contract. i go over all the rules and protocols we have in place. i'm reminded of the journal rule we talked about, something that never got implemented. i figure that now would be the perfect time to bring it up again since kendall seemed to like the idea when we signed.

so the next day i take myself out to go find a journal for us. i find two beautiful leather journals, one for kendall and one for me. when i take it home, i write our names on the spine and leave a note for kendall on the inside.

she's elated when she receives it, far more excited than i expected. she jumped on me and kissed me all over when i handed it over, and she cried over the letter i left. i really didn't think the letter was all that grand. i just said how our journals would be used to communicate better in our relationship and to advance it. i said that we could say anything at all ghat we wanted in these journals, even if it breaks rules, and that every sentiment would be taken seriously and talked about further. and i said that we would both read journal entries with an open mind, looking to better our relationship. she read the letter three times and then kissed me again.

foolishly, i thought the journal would extinguish her bad attitude. it did for a little while, actually. she followed rules for about two weeks and i even caught her journal open, with a pen nearby and plenty of writing in it on her bedside table. but i only saw it once and she never gave it to me. again, i give her time to warm up to giving the journal to me.

we started to go out with my friends a little more often. i figured that it would be good for her to be around submissives and see how obedient they are to their dominants. i thought that after two months, any small thing could knock her back into obedience.

i want you wearing that long purple dress tonight. no heels.

kendall only has time to stop at home to change so i can't pick her up. i can only hope she follows my rules but i have a feeling she won't.

the girls all greet me happily when i arrive at the restaurant and the guys give me handshakes. i take my seat next to an empty one, ordering a water for kendall, knowing she would probably want a glass of wine.

when kendall arrives after another five minutes, i'm not surprised to find her in a revealing black dress and platform heels. she leans over me to hug ruby, giving me a face full of her cleavage. my face drops as i roll my eyes, having to lean all the way back in my chair when she reaches over ruby and me to hug brooke and grace. i'm a little hung up on her cleavage for a moment, as i usually am, that i almost don't notice the pink collar clipped around her neck.