(prolouge) finding out.

"MALKOVA!!" "WAKE UP!"

————————————————
"you know, all you have to do to wake me up is lightly shake me, you don't need to scream at the top of your fucking lungs" i say irritated.

"yeah yeah i know but it's really important this time!" my best friend whines.

"what could possibly be so important that you have to wake me up at" - i look at my phone, "6 in the morning? really?" i whine.

"yes i know but-" she pauses. she's quiet for what feel like an eternity before she finally speaks again.

"yougotintothegrandfinalandyourrepresentingrussia" she spits out.

"i'm sorry what did you say, i didn't understand a word you said?" i ask confused.

she takes a deep breath and sighs, "you got into the grand finale for eurovision, they want you to represent Russia." she says.

"what?" i ask in disbelief.

"do i really need to re-"

i cut her off.

"no no i heard you but how? like i basically bombed my stage the first time i was in eurovision, why do they want me back?" i ask in utter confusion.

"gonna be honest i don't know, but i guess you did well enough to be able to get into the finale!" she states excitedly.

"i'm gonna be in the finale!! omg it's just now hitting me omg!!" i jump off my bed and grab her as we start dancing happily.

————————————————————————
A/N hi hello!! my name is nari and this is my first book like ever! i really hope you enjoy this book going forward! the next chapter will be introducing the characters so look forward to that!

thank you! <3