Uno

Present Day

It had been 2 weeks since i found out i would be in the grand finale for eurovision, and i'm still in utter shock.

"hey are you done being shocked? it's literally been 2 weeks, get over it and start preparing your song!" Melanie says irritated.

"hey if you were in my position you'd be shocked too!" i state.

Melanie stares at me and starts laughing. i smile.

Melanie Richards

Melanie has been my best friend since forever, we'd always been in the same classes, the same school, we even went to college together. She's always been there for me when i needed her.

"hey do you know who's representing the other places this year?" i ask.

"um let me look real quick, they just sent out the list this morning." she says.

"okay i found it! lithuania blah blah blah." she rambles on.

"oh! italy is being represented by a group called Måneskin." she states looking over at me.

"never heard of them but the name sounds interesting." i say as i start writing down lyrics.

"do you want me to play some of their music?" she asks.

"nah ill do it later, i finally figured out the name of the song to go with these lyrics!" i say as i rub my head, god another headache?

"hey did you take your meds yet today?" she asks.

"no i've been too busy trying to make this stupid song." i state matter of factly.

"god it's like i'm your fucking mother, you need to remind yourself next time. you know what happened last time you forgot to take your pills." she states as she looks at me with worry present in her eyes.

"yes mom i know" i state smiling slightly.

she goes and grabs my pills, i grab some water because i tend to choke while taking them.

"here, please swallow them slowly, don't need you throwing up all over your new lyrics." she smiles handing me the pills.

i promise i'm not a drug addict reader, people have mental health issues and some of us have to take medication for it.

i gulp and sigh as i slowly swallow the pills one by one.

"god i will never get used to that, they taste fucking disgusting." i say while coughing.

"i know Mal i know." she smiles and rubs my back trying to help with the coughing.

i finally stop and look up at her.

"you wanna see the lyrics?" i say smiling.

"sure lemme see!" she says.

i hand her the newly written lyrics, and wait impatiently for her approval of them.

"damn girl these are deep, who broke your heart?" she asks laughing.

"no one right now, i wrote it about past experiences with Lukas." i state sadly.

her smile fades slowly, she gets up and gives me a hug.

"sorry for asking hun, i really am sorry." she says while hugging me.

"you know what? i'm almost over it so whatever. this song is kind of like a final goodbye to those memories." i say smiling.

"that's great hun, good for you!" she yells excitedly.

she hands me the book and i look down at the words that i've written.

will this really help me get over everything he did to me? will this song finally free me from the torment in my mind?

"Mal? Mal? hello? MAL!" she yells.

i jump slightly.

"shit sorry, what were you asking?" i say with an apologetic smile.

"what's the name of the song?" she asks.

i think, and i mean i think for a good 5 minutes. then it hit me.

"favorite crime"