Due

"last call for flight 456 to Rotterdam Ahoy! please make your way towards gate 4"

"Mal? Mal for the love of god if you do not wake up right now i swear-"

i jolt awake. looking around at my surroundings i'm confused. the last thing i remember is being at home after telling Melanie about the new song. why am i in an airport?

"Mal please gather yourself, we need to go, like now!" Melanie states aggravated.

"Mels why the hell are we in an airport?" i ask, genuinely confused as to how i got here.

"god you are dense, look we don't have time to talk about this right now. come on!" Melanie yells while grabbing my hand.

i yelp as she drags me through the terminal. okay why cant i remember anything?

Melanie stops in front of a lady who i can only assume is a flight attendant.

"hello! yes here's our tickets, please tell me we didn't miss the flight?" she asks worriedly.

"no you're right on time miss, please make your way inside." she says smiling.

——————————time skip——————————

"fucking finally! who knew finding seats on an airplane was so difficult?" she states exhausted.

"hey mels? you still haven't explained why we're on an airplane?" ask confused.

"do you seriously not remember anything?" she asks.

i shake my head no, "should i?" i ask confused once again.

"okay well after you told me about the song name, please tell me you remember the song and the song name?" she asks, looking very worried.

"yes i remember, for the love of god get to the point." i state annoyed.

"after you told me, you passed out, which i can only assume was caused by your meds. you woke up 48 hours later and now we're here. we're going to Rotterdam because you're representing Russia for Eurovision 2021." she takes a deep breath, panting.

"ah i remember now!" i yell. "damn i need to get new meds." i say rubbing my forehead in frustration.

"thank god! i was worried i'd have to take you to the hospital once we land." she sighs.

I laugh turning my head towards the window. I hear Melanie start to talk again but i tune her out putting in my headphones. Trying to distract myself from the storm going on outside and from my own thoughts.

I remember that i haven't looked into any of the other contestants so i pull up the information sheet i was given the other day.

[ Victoria.....Growing Up Is Getting Old ]

[ Efendi.....Mata Hari ]

[ Jendrik....I Don't Feel Hate ]

[ TIX......Fallen Angel ]

[ Eden Alene.....Set Me Free ]

[ Måneskin....Zitti E Buoni ]

Måneskin? huh interesting name. i've heard of TIX and Jendrik before but Måneskin? Italy? such a beautiful place. okay Måneskin, let's see what you're all about.

what was the name of the song again? Zitti E Buoni? nice name, don't know what it means but seems cool. i pull out my phone and go to spotify. damn that's a lot of songs, how long has this group been around for? i find the song and prepare myself before pressing play.

——————————time skip——————————

"flight 456 to Rotterdam Ahoy please prepare yourself for landing."

god why the hell are those announcements so loud! i slowly sit up and shake Melanie, seems we both fell asleep.

"Mels? Mels wake up, we're about the land." i shake her gently and she jolts awake.

"how long was i asleep for?" she questions.

"i don't know, i fell asleep somehow." i say shrugging.

"whatever, do you have everything because as soon as we get off this plan we're going straight for the hotel." she states yawning.

i nod grabbing my phone to look at the time.

2:14 AM

No wonder i'm so tired. what the hell am i listening to?

i find spotify and see that i'm listening to some weird rock music?

what? before i fell asleep i was listening to moneskin? muneskin? måneskin? oh yeah i guess i listened to their entire discography.

"Mal come on, we can leave the plan now!" i snap out of my head and quickly grab my stuff.

Please lord let this be a good thing for us and not an utter shit show.