21

"Hey, I need to shower quick, I slept in by accident. Did you want me to drive you?" I nodded as I held my towel up, and she jumped in the shower as I brushed through my hair. I brushed my teeth and put lotion on before heading back to my room. I decided to try a pair of jeans today, feeling fuller in them, and smiled. I threw on a loose tee and flipped on my Birkenstocks and applied some mascara. I made my bed, and then grabbed what I needed for homework today. I knew I'd be at the hospital for a while, and I wanted to have something to do. I started the hairdryer and straightened my hair as I spritzed perfume on, walking out to see Arizona and Amelia walking into her room. I heard my phone looking to see it was Maya.

          Hey, I forgot will you be at school today? Maya texted.

          Not today, but I have my laptop to work on the presentation. Is everything okay? I texted.

          Yeah, just hate that you're not here. You left me with the guys and Taylor.

          Sorry, I know. I'll be back tomorrow. I texted. I put my phone in my back pocket and headed downstairs as I waited for Arizona.

"Arizona, are you coming?" I asked.

"Yes, sorry," she said, running down the stairs. She grabbed her bag, and coffee mug and we headed out the door. She pulled into her spot and saw that I was in jeans. "You're wearing jeans? I haven't seen you wear them in forever," she said. I nodded, and got out, walking side by side with her.

"Feels good to wear them," I said. She smiled as we put our bags in her office and then met Bailey for my appointment.

"Hi Grace, how are you feeling today?" She asked.

"I'm feeling better," I said. She smiled as I got into a gown and she weighed me seeing that I was a few pounds under our goal.

"Alright, you're doing wonderful. You're a few pounds under the goal we talked about, but that's still very good. I'm going to cover up your legs and look at your stomach," she said. I nodded as she lifted the gown up, looking around and feeling the area. She measured around my waist making notes and smiled. "Very good Grace, I can tell you've been working out," she said. I smiled and nodded as she let me change back into my clothes in the bathroom.

"I've been working really hard the last two weeks. I've been trying to make sure I eat more, but it's been hard with school starting back up," I said.

"Chiming in here, I agree with Gracie, she's been doing wonderful other than when she's been stressed about schoolwork," Arizona said.

"I can understand that. It's not the easiest, but this is good Grace. How have your thoughts been?" Bailey asked.

"They have been okay. There the worst when I'm doubting myself at school. At home, I feel I have been doing way better. School has been hard, but I'm working on it every day," I said. She nodded, writing notes down.

"Do you feel yourself fighting thoughts still?" She asked.

"Yes, but mainly because I'm the new girl. So, I feel everyone is always staring at me. I've made one friend and so I just try to stick with her, and that's helped me a lot," I explained. Bailey smiled at me as we brought up our next goal.