Serene | F.H

Three imagines in less than a week? I'm on a roll

Her scent was heavenly—a beautiful desired mix of coffee, chocolate, and old books. Waking up beside her was like waking up in a coffee shop during sunrise. Her scent resembled her nature and her personality to a tea.

She was calm, collective, resourceful, and quiet. Much different than he himself. Number Five was just as innovative as her. But he found himself more different than similar. He often acted upon impulse and unable to rest. To his siblings, they were bewildered at how the two of them spent a multitude of years together in an apocalypse.

Nevertheless, opposites attract.

Regardless, she didn't speak up. Instead, she hid in a corner with a book agreeing with the other person instead of saying her point of view. She hated conflict more than anything. Five, on the other hand, would only make conflict when necessary. He always stood up for himself and his opinions.

It was a communication issue they both had to solve. While in the apocalypse, she didn't speak for the first month. He was lucky if he even got some form of communication other than a nod or a shake of the head. Eventually, he learned her name was Y/n. A beautiful name for a beautiful girl. She looked like her name.

She moved so delicately and smoothly it drove Five crazy. This woman he met was so opposite to him it drove him up the wall. The conflict between the two usually ended up in her quietly leaving the shared apartment and returning later than expected. Which left Five to pull at the tuffs of his brown hair in frustration.

Five overthought everything. This woman was the light of his life, but she couldn't deal with conflict to save her life, and it made him wonder. Maybe she went through a dark time before the apocalypse. Perhaps the scars on her arms weren't from accidental burns on the fire. He paced in their main room for hours it seemed. Then a knock on the door caught his attention.

The boy opened the door to see his brother, " Hey, Diego. "

" Um, hey, Five. " Regardless of Diego's nervous greeting, Five gave a reassuring smile, " Artemis wanted to know if she could stay here for the time being while I'm at work. "

The little girl was Y/n's pride and joy. The two were so highly similar. Even Artemis found herself cowering at Five sometimes. Five was just a ticking time bomb no one ever knew when it would explode, and it made people nervous. Henceforth Diego was hoping Y/n would answer the door with her soothing nature.

" Yeah, she can stay here for as long as she wants. " Five replied softly, looking at the ten-year-old girl, " Is Y/n here? " Diego queried.

Five shook his head, " She went out. I'm sure she'll be back later. "

" Alright, well, thank you for taking care of her. " Diego sighed as Artemis went inside Five's apartment, " It's no problem. "

Diego gave another nervous smile and walked away. The brunet male shut the door and locked it afterward. The little girl never really got along with Five. He didn't know what to do. Children didn't mix well with Five, especially an introverted, antisocial ten-year-old girl.

Artemis was gorgeous for her age. Long brown hair that resembled Vanya's at her age with bangs across her forehead. Striking blue eyes like no other. A pale complexion compared to Diego's naturally tan one. Her name was almost a contradiction to who she was. This little girl was no independent, strong, brave goddess. Instead, she was intelligent, quiet, and careful.

There was one room in the apartment Y/n didn't really let anyone into. It was the 'spare' bedroom that wasn't really a bedroom anymore. Five had only been in there a handful of times. It was known as her safe space, so Five respected that. But Artemis seemed to walk right inside. To say it made Five uneasy was an understatement. He didn't know if she was allowed inside or not.