49. Secrets

•••

As March rolled by, the plans for the new house and the wedding moved by swiftly and slowly at times.

George and Delilah barely had to worry about the house, given that Dels father insisted he took over. They would give him their ideas, how big they wanted each room, and what kind of doorways they wanted, and Adonis took care of it all. He promised the house would be finished by July, maybe even by the time they got back from their honeymoon.

This gave the couple time to plan their wedding, but having two friends with controlling issues when it came to big events, they felt as if they didn't need to do anything. They simply told Hermione and Lee what color theme they wanted, what foods they were interested in, and who was invited, and they handled everything for them.

With the only thing they had to worry about was their honeymoon, and the costs of everything. Adonis promised he would pay for any expenses for the house (even after George protested), so that lowered their final expense rate by a lot.

But the couple wasn't worried. The twins were making plenty of money to pay for all three events, but of course Delilah insisted she payed for half of the overall cost. With her head job at the ministry, she was easily capable without getting money from George nor her father.

And after multiple arguments (that usually ended in a kiss), the two agreed to go to Italy for a week for their honeymoon in order to experience the city, people, and the views. But then they would go to Bali for a week for a nice tan, time at the beach, and the delicious looking food.

Now with those plans taken care of, there was only one last thing Delilah had to plan for.

George didn't know what she had been doing recently, so he was scared of why she'd been distant. She's been coming home much later than usual, she'd been writing someone a lot more, but George didn't know to who. All he knew was that she kept borrowing Hedwig from Harry, sending letters late at night or early in the morning.

Fred didn't seem to notice the difference, so George decided to bring the topic up one day after they'd closed the shop.

"Can I ask you something?" George whispered to his brother, his hands in his pockets as he watched Fred peel open a box of new Tongue Twisting Tea.

"Sure," Fred absentmindedly said, taking out the small boxes and stacking them onto the shelf on the second floor.

He could've used his wand, but he decided not to so he could give George more time to talk in place, knowing George tended to stutter more when he moved and talked.

"Have you noticed anything different about Delilah lately?" He breathed out, leaning against the shelf beside him.

Fred looked up at him from where he was kneeling on the ground, "Erm, no, why? Am I supposed to? Is her stomach bigger?!"

"Why is everyone's first thought pregnancy?" George sighed, "she's not pregnant. But she's been writing someone, late at night or early in the morning. And she's been getting phone calls at six am or midnight, and I don't know who it is."

Fred furrowed his eyebrows, "You don't think she's cheating on you, do you? Because Del loves you too much, I promise you that."

"No, no, I know she wouldn't," George mumbled. "I just feel like she's hiding something from me."

Right as his sentence finished, the shops door dinged open, making the twins share a confused look. They were closed, who would be coming in?

They looked over the edge of the railing, but to their surprise a big black owl with white dots came flying in, settling itself on George's shoulder.