Can I Buy You a Cup of Coffee?

Alice was just making her way down to her local Tim Hortons like she normally did, that is until she saw a homeless man near her beloved Tom Hortons. She didn't know why but the tattered clothes and hollow cheeks made her think about stopping for this man. She didn't usually stop for the homeless on the streets as she thought most of them were just scammers looking for easy money, but this one guy genuinely looked like he was struggling in the summer heat. So she decided to test him, she would buy him a coffee and see if he accepts it or not. If he was a scammer then he would most likely ask for money instead, like in the YouTube videos.
Alice sucked in a breath and began to set her plan in motion,                     "Can I buy you a cup of coffee?"
The homeless man looked up at her in surprise, it has been weeks since a human being had offered him food let alone a drink.
"Really?! That would be great, thank you so much," he said.
Alice flashed him a smile and led him inside the coffee shop, "Get whatever you want, I'll pay."
The man looked up at the menu display, he didn't want to take advantage of her generosity and get as much stuff as he can.
"Can I have a cold brew and a muffin please?" he asked Alice.
Alice pulled out her credit card, "Of course!"
Alice walked up to the countered and placed their orders, a few minutes later she brought back two of Tim Hortons' newest cold brew (one for herself and the man) and a muffin. She handed him his coffee and muffin and sat down across from him. Alice watched him scarf down the muffin as politely as possible and drink his cold brew. They started talking and he was actually a pretty nice guy. She learned his name was Mark and he used to have a stable job until his company fired him, then it just went down hill from there. After that she began to buy cold brews more frequently for Mark. They would sit down with a cup of coffee and just chat. 2 months later, Alice was able to get him a job at her office. Now he's off the street and making himself a new life.She
Mark buys coffee for Alice now, just like she did when he was struggling with life.