prologue

Passion. Love. And power. Things I think my body and soul hold. I have always been told I was a clever one. Always looking for something new to learn and fond over. But one thing that always made my mind explode in interest was stars

Interesting little glimmers of light in the sky. Something so small but so powerful.

I wander into the library in my home. Each book holding a different story and a different place my mind can possibly go. I grab to kill a mockingbird and head outside to read. The Georgia air hangs thick  but a cool wind chill makes the weather peaceful.

I moved away from my family in London when I was 15 to be with my grandmother. She was more of a mom to me than my real one . When I was little she told me stories of adventures that she endured when she was younger. I admired her. She thought me everything I know from teaching me how to identify plants, tracking ,and self defense. She told me that day that every girl should know how to protect herself in this cruel, unforgiving world.

She was right...

The day I lost her was the day I broke. She seemingly disappeared. In thin air just like that. No one knew where she was. But what hurt most was that she left me. Only but a small note left on her bed saying ... "You are the brightest star in my sky. follow it."

Reading it over and over and it still confuses me. Infuriated me that I couldn't figure out what it meant. But I will soon find out. And I promise myself I will.