7.

We are on the road now headed to the cdc

We are on the road now headed to the cdc. The groans and yells of jim can be heard through the rv.
I decide I'm going to check on him, jaqui is back there right now.

"Hey jimbo how are you doing?" I ask sweetly already knowing the answer. He's in pain. Truthfully I don't think he's going to make it.

"Not good pippa... the bumps, everything hurts." I nod. I let Jacqui get some rest since she's been with him for a while.

"Can you tell me a story please anything to try to get my mine off of the pain..." he begged. Poor Jim he doesn't deserve this.

"Of course... The King Cepheus and Queen Cassiopeia of Ethiopia had a beautiful daughter named Andromeda. The vain Queen Cassiopeia whose boastfulness knew no bounds, claimed that her daughter was more beautiful than even the sea nymphs. Upon hearing of this, the sea god, Poseidon threatened to unleash a flood and monster to Ethiopia......"

~~~~~~~~~~~
An Hour later.....

"I told you we'd never get far on that hose... I needed the one from the cube van" dale told Rick after we stopped.

"Can you jury rig it?" Rick asked

I came out from looking in the rv. "That all we've done so far, and I ran out of my "My little pony" duct tape"

Everyone looked at me with amused looks. What? That's all they had at the store!

"I see something up ahead! A gas station if we're lucky" Shane said looking through the binoculars

Jacqui came running out of the rv "y'all Jim it's bad... I don't think he can take anymore." She said quickly and ran back in. Shane and T decided to check out the gas station and Rick is with Jim now.

I walked up to a big tree and sat down, Glenn close behind. We were talking a while until little Sophia came up to me. I always adored her. She reminds me of my little cousin I took care of.

"Pippa can I do your hair? I found these!" She asked while holding tiny white flowers in her hair. I used to do my hair in braids ,twists and put flowers in them, I haven't done it since the world went to downhill. I used to wear lots of dresses and I would make most of my clothes.
I nodded and she got to work.

Glenn was doodling in my journal and I was reading one of my books. I see that Rick is having a meeting with the group. It's probably about Jim.

"All done!" Sophia cheered. Glenn looked up and did a whole double take. I took out my tiny mirror from my back pack and saw her creation. She did an amazing job.

"It's beautiful Sophia thank you!" I say giving her a big bear hug. She waved goodbye and goes to her mom.

"You look beautiful phillipa." Glenn said. I felt my face heat up. Instead I try to play it off

"What happened to pippa? You said my full name " I said pouting

He laughed slightly " just so you know I'm serious."