chapter 3

tw: swearing, blood, corpses, bones, basically a scene out of a horror movie, spirits?

the sensation was...weird. i have no idea how to explain it. anyways we were brought to the councillor's castles, and he called for emery.

emery, in all his glory, stepped out from his castle, and sighed as he saw us.

"humans again?"

"humans that fell out of the sky."

"out of the sky-"

"umm...we can hear you ya'know?" i told them, annoyed at them speaking as if we weren't there at all.

"do they understand the enlightened language?"

"apparently."

"but how? unless..."

"that's not possible, sophie's the only one."

"but what if..."

"we'll talk about that later. for now, let us settle them."

➳third pov➳

emery stared at the trio, and [y/n] felt something poking at her mind, as if trying to figure out what was in it. instead of pushing it away, she knew it was emery and gestured to adri and will by tapping her temples. they got the point and were on the lookout as well.

she took all the memories of how they got there and memories of the book and locked it in a chest. to unlock it, you'd have to answer questions about slang - questions that no one from here would understand.

he peeled open a hole in the wall, and stared at the ghostly figure hovering outside. "come on in!" she said cheerily, showing the ghostly consciousness of emery what was truly in her mind

she let the muffin song and other similar songs play in his head, letting emery get lost in the madness.

they took a twisted turn, and the happy tunes and jokes became horror. bloody bodies appeared, clawing their way out from a deep dark hole. they had various wounds, and left a trail of blood as they went. they crawled towards them, passing right through them.

a lady stood on a throne, made out of pure inky darkness. a crown that had taken all the shadows in the world sat upon her head. wisps of demons seemed to be coming from it, and the damned spirits would fly around her, giving her an even creepier effect. the corpses of damned crawled towards her, bowing before her. "your majesty, how may we serve you today?" they asked the queen upon her throne of darkness.

emery's consciousness tried to pull free, but the darkness pulled him in. [y/n] watched as he struggled to pull free, watching various horrors the elf mind couldn't take.

laughing at emery, [y/n] decided she'd had her fun and put the meme songs back on track, and pulled all the horrors back into their stalls. emery immediately broke a hole out, and rushed to exit the horrors of his mind.

[y/n] stared ahead emotionlessly, as if nothing had happened. emery looked shook, and stood rooted.

he snapped out of it and stared at willow instead. willow opened a door, and welcomed him in. "come in, i'm sure [y/n] must have given you a scare." giggling, she let emery's ghostly consciousness through the hallways of her mind. in the halls were doorways. maybe i can get something out of this! emery thought, staring at the doors. after that horrific experience, he was glad for anything else.

"oh? you want to see what is through here? sure!" willow pushed open the door, to reveal happy memories of her, [y/n] and adrien. them laughing together, them hanging out at a nearby mall, them reading together, willow smiled at all the fond memories.

yet emery was beyond frustrated. he had hoped that willow would reveal more about how they got here, yet all he got was evidence they were very normal kids. he ripped out of her mind, deciding to enter the mind of his last hope.

and oh, how he regretted that. immediately upon entering the young boy's mind, he was faced with horrors far worse than the one in the other's mind. this time the boy itself was sitting on a throne of bones, the corpses standing like an army behind him. his consciousness was unable to move, as he stared in horror at the demons forming out of the portal in the floor.

a pair of glowing red eyes stared at him, "you can't beat me at mind games." the distorted voice said, a smirk tugging at his lips. arms made of bones held him down, as the young boy strode towards him. "you lay one finger on either of them and you are dead, you hear me?" he said, fangs peering out of his mouth, a sadistic smirk on his face.

finally, before he made things worse for us, he decided emery was no fun and let him go. emery clutched his head, probably trying to erase memories of the horror within adri's mind.

"you...you can s-stay..."

"kenric, get oralie and bronte for the same thing as we did for sophie. we'll settle the living arrangements later."

after that, emery stumbled back into his castle, still unnerved by the horrors he had seen.

"alright, come with me."

➳first pov➳

"alright. do you have supernatural powers?"

"nope!" i said, popping the p at the end.

bronte sighed, as if he was just done with us.

"maybe they just have not had their abilities triggered yet. or for all we know they may be talentless." ouch oralie, that hit hard.

"oof. that hurts coming from you. the nicest one here."

"telekinesis?" "hahahaha no."

"these kids are a lost cause-"

"shush. i ain't gonna take any sass from ya." adrien said, fed up with the ancient councillor.

"well, if you can't do this, we can't determine whether you are an elf, and if you should go to foxfire to learn."

"well, at this rate, guess we're gonna have to sleep on the floor as we search for them. haha who cares, we did that already." "alright, let's head out then!" the three of us got up from our positions, and headed to the door.

"now hold up, you're not allowed to leave. and who are these people you're looking for may i ask."

"you just said we probably won't be able to stay. might as well leave before we get caught up in a mess. and that's for me to know, and for you to never." i retorted, flipping my hair.

i guess they don't appreciate sarcasm and told the guards to block the doors.

"alright. guess we're gonna have to do this the hard way."

date published: 9 june 2021

word count: 1029

a/n: i hAvE cOmE aGaIn wItH aNoThEr cHaPtEr. this one is twice the length of the previous ones so i'm pretty happy about that. in future the chapters will probably be around this length, most above 1000 words. if they are less than that i'll make sure to give y'all a longer chapter in the next update. exams are in about my month so please pray for this author with 4 exams and oral T^ T. okay, thanks for reading! i have to get back to work-