Chapter one, Part two: Rules

NOTE: Hello readers, I realized that i have not upload a new chapter / part in a while. I would like to apologize first as i have been quite busy, but i will be uploading 1 chapter / part this week and another next week, so i hope you are not disappointed.

"Julia."

"I'm not usually very open to someone i just met, but i'll let this one slide since you seem trustworthy," Casey said with a smile.

Casey's first thoughts were to ask Julia if she needs daily check-ups too, however she decided to tell Julia about her day instead and let the rest come with the flow. Casey started with telling Julia about the great news she got that day, which was her sickness decreasing inside her body, of course. Then, she started telling Julia everything about herself, like her favorite color, food, and even her family.

Just as she was about to talk more, she saw a blond boy across the street, about her age, blasting fire with only his hands towards the boy in front of him. The boy in front of him looked very familiar to Casey, it was indeed the same boy called Mason from the check-up earlier. Mason did dodge the fire with his super speed powers but still got a quarter of his right arm burned.

"Wow, trying to hurt me with your powers just because you're annoyed at me?" Said Mason with a sarcastic tone. "You broke the rule, brown-haired guy."

"I have a name dumbass, it's Jacob."

Julia seemed shocked by the commotion happening, she had never seen anyone breaking the rules. Julia and Casey decided that it is best they stay out of it but then Harold, the leader of Karecane company, appeared out of nowhere like a magic trick with a couple of 'security guards.'

"You girls seem to not have any intention on reporting this case," Harold said with a smile. "Well, what to do? Too bad you guys will have to face a punishment. You remember right? Always report when noticing someone breaking the rules."

"Damn it." Julia said beneath her breath.

Casey and Julia had forgotten that rule as it is not often that they see people breaking the rules, they never thought there would be a day where they themselves will have to ever report to the official Karecane company, yet here they are, breaking the rules.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Harold said, eyeing the guards behind him. "Go capture them."