Chapter one, Part three: A start of something new

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Harold said, eyeing the 'guards' behind him. "Go capture them."

Casey and Julia started running out of reflex. They ran as fast as they could, Mason and Jacob followed behind them as those 'security guards' were told to capture them too. Five minutes into running, the 'guards' sim their guns towards them four.

Fortunately, they all dodged the bullets, Casey used teleportation (She can only teleport shortly to very near places, often withing 10 meters.), Mason used superspeed (He was 100 steps ahead of them all.), Julia used metal arms (She protected herself from the bullets using her arms.), and Jacob blasted his fire powers towards the 'guards' (He didn't get hit by the bullets we the 'guards' couldn't see him through the flames.)

After a while, they ended up in a dead end, only walls seen in front of them. Just as sweat drip from their heads, they turned around and saw the 'guards' with their guns, facing towards them four.

"There's no way you can escape now," said one of the 'guards' with a grin.

Casey smirked, "And how would you know that?"

Casey held Julia, Mason, and Jacob's arms and teleported with all her strength, causing more sweat on her face. They all opened their eyes as brightness blind them, they were on the other side of the wall. While Mason complimented Casey on her teleporting powers, he noticed something.

"Did you get hurt?" Mason asked Casey, looking at her left arm.

It had turned out that Casey got scratched by one of the 'guard's' bullets while teleporting. Casey covered the wound with a cloth she had ripped from her shirt and smiled the pain away. They started to observe their surroundings and realized that if they fail in avoiding their punishment, they may have to suffer a lot of pain and have their powers taken away.

"This is just the beginning," stated Jacob.