Big escape and survival

The sirens went off and they were loud. Ellum whimpered, his ears more sensitive than others.

Dumbdog and Koji didn't seem to be big fans either and tried to cover their ears.

"Move!" Hafu called out and the group took off. They needed off of this ship. Scientists came running after them and they ran as fast as possible.

Plushies was in front of them all due to her cheetah speed as well. She made it to the door and paused, seeing the others were behind her.

Xchocobars was definitely the slowest by far. Plushies shifted her weight and saw the scientists almost grab Xchocobars and she snapped.

She made a leap she didn't know was possible and used her nails to slice a man across the face.

She entwined their hands and dragged the other girl with her. The girl in blue couldn't keep up easily so Plushies picked her up.

"Plushies!" Janet said, feeling slightly safer though.

The sirens were effecting Ellum the most. His ears obviously more sensitive than others. DK took notice and an alpha instinct kicked in.

He hates that he did it but he slowed his pace from the front to the back closer to where Ellum was.

"Hang in there bud. We're almost out," DK said so that only Ellum heard him.

"I thought you said we weren't a pack?"

"We aren't," DK growled but stayed next to the light red man. Ellum felt safer with the alpha next to him.

Dumbdog stayed next to Steve for some reason.  The man was taller than him despite being a rat.

Dumbdogs ears were ringing due to the sirens but overall he was ignoring it.

"You holding up?" He asked the rat next to him.

"I'm fine. Now shut up," he muttered. Dumbdog looked down for a second and realized they were at the front.

They made a sharp turn and saw the door out. The entire group started to push themselves as fast as possible with Plushies taking the lead while holding Xchocobars.

Hafu was struggling due to her webbed feet. 5up noticed this and grabbed her wrist. They made it off the Skeld and he picked her up before using his wings to fly.

Hafu wrapped her arms around his neck and slight fear took over her. She had never been in the air and this was way past what she liked.

"I don't like heights....." she mumbled. 5up flapped his wings and looked down quickly. They were higher than what he was used to. He made sure to stay with the group though.

He let the smaller girl bury her face in his neck from fear and he realized she was shaking.

They found a cave and the group of 10 ducked into it. 5up and Plushies set the other two down and they all rested for a moment.

"We need some food and water. We need to split up," Hafu said and decided to take charge. "Stay together until we know we're safe?" She asked.

Everyone agreed begrudgingly and they made four squads.

DK, Ellum, Koji, and Dumbdog would go hunting for food and patrol the perimeter.

Plushies and Janet were supposed to make a fire and beds.

Hafu and 5up needed to get water. Either from the snow or find a river or something.

Steve and Smajor were to make another exit in case the scientist came after them.

5up picked Hafu back up and flew off. While in the air 5up studied the planet they were on.

It was beautiful. A purple layer of dust covered it along with snow. He landed gently by a river and set Hafu down.

"Is this snow?" She asked and immediately sat down before starting to play in it. 5up joined her but was cold.

He wrapped his wings around himself and Hafu realized.

"You're cold?" She asked and he nodded. She felt bad and moved over to him so they were basically huddled.

"Thanks. Let's get this water back to the cave," 5up said. Hafu managed to craft a bucket with some packed snow and made it easy to carry.

"Got it. Ready?" She asked. He picked up the girl and started to fly back to the cave. He felt so free.

Plushies started to make a fire but was struggling. Janet came over and sat next to her.

"Instead of using sticks, try using rocks," she said and grabbed two. She beat them together and sparks flew off.

The fire lit itself and Janet smiled.

"See?"

"How did you learn to do that?"

"I don't know. I just knew it," she said and shrugged. Plushies nodded and Janet decided to ask her. "Can I call you Kimi? I just kinda like that name," she said.

"Oh! That's such a cute name!" Plushies-now Kimi as well- said with a smile.

DK took lead of the small pack of dogs he was assigned with. He wanted to leave but an alpha always kept their promises.

They were all keeping their senses sharp and pounced on a deer. Right before DK ripped it to shreds they paused.

"Wait. Janets a deer. Let's catch something else," Koji said and the others nodded. DK gave in and slowly backed away from the deer.

It took off with fear and they managed to catch a few rabbits and squirrels.

"Dumbdog, what are you doing?" DK asked the husky with annoyance. He was gathering berries and things into a bucket he had managed to make.

"Like we said. Janets a deer. She can't eat meat," he explained. They moved back to the cave and dropped the meat in front of Plushies before letting her cook it.

Janet ate some of the fruits and things with a thankful look towards the other carnivores. DK moved to the edge and waited.

"So how does this work?"

"Just bite me and run. That should set off my bomb power," Smajor said with a shrug. Steve nodded and walked over.

Smajor wasn't fully expecting the bit and pain from Steve in his shoulder. He felt the atomic energy build up and he went boom.

Steve was out of the blast range as it was a smaller explosion.

"Don't you have a lightning power or something?"

"Yes. Because lightning heading towards a cave while it's not storming is totally normal. Besides, we don't want to hit 5up if he's flying," Smajor said with a shrug. Steve nodded and they blew one more time.

A hole small enough for the to exit from but harder to enter from. It lead to a small purple mountain area.

The others all returned and they sat down to try and relax. The beds that had been made were out of leaves and twine but comfortable enough.

Hafu and 5up ended up right next to each other because Hafu was cuddling with him.

The small pack of wolves all slept close but DK remained awake and a little ways off. Ellum was closest to him though.

Steve and Smajor slept next to each other but in their own places. Both seemed a little relaxed near each other.

Janet stayed cuddled into Kimia side. Happy that she was basically protecting her for good.