Ch24

After the great dinner failure of Saturday afternoon, May basically locked me in the house. She can't really lock me in the house, but she's definitely trying her best. I convinced her to let me go to school yesterday, but she called me in sick for the first three days this week. I am going insane.

I stand up from my bed- now a real bed, not just a mattress- and silently walk to the door, sticking my head out. No sign of May, so she must be in her room. I creep across the beat-up wood, freezing when I reach the entrance to the living room. No matter where I step here, the floor is going to creak.

Idiot, I can teleport.

I shake my head at myself and port into the kitchen, grabbing a pen and scribbling onto the calendar in big black letters a short message that will protect me from having technically left without telling her. I port again in front of the door, silently pulling on my shoes. I grin and snicker to myself as I carefully grab the door handle, having basically made it home free.

"Where do you think you're going?" May asks from behind me. I groan and slowly turn around, seeing her triumphantly leaning against the wall.

"Out?" I say hopefully. "I left a note,"

"That's really thoughtful of you, but I think you're missing the part where I asked you to stay here," May tilts her head sarcastically, crossing the room and locking the apartment door again. I groan.

"I'm moving in with Stark," I mutter in Sokovian as I take my shoes off, porting onto the couch and grouchily crossing my arms.

"Mhm, I'm a horrible aunt," May rolls her eyes as she retreats back to her room. Probably the only benefit of being stuck in this forsaken apartment for four days straight is that May and I have worked out the 'mom' issue, forgoing the title of mom entirely and just doing what Peter does- she's now my aunt.

"I'm bored!" Sokovian makes it so easy to complain about someone to their face.

Someone knocks on the door and I seriously consider ignoring it. Some private school is selling raffle tickets lately and they can't keep track of who they've already spoken to. Then through the door I hear something that sounds suspiciously like Sokovian.

I port to the door and open it, seeing Wanda using her powers to pin Pietro against the wall. Once I open the door she smiles widely and lets go, Pietro immediately running over in an attempt to smack her.

"Behave yourself, washing machine," I scold, leaning against the doorframe.

"How's house arrest, food murderer?" He returns.

"Most of that was edible!" I cry in my defense, walking back into the apartment. May's door swings open and she walks out, carefully looking over the twins. She doesn't seem sure about how angry she should be.

"Hello," Pietro awkwardly waves.

"You must be May," Wanda says, smiling warmly. She clearly got the social skills for both of them. "I've heard so much about you from Peter and Sonder,"

"She lies so well," Pietro mutters under his breath, making me snort.

"Why are you here?" I ask in Sokovian, slipping behind Wanda and May.

"Wanda thinks we should have that trip sooner rather than later. Personally, I think she's just bored. I am bored too, but she doesn't know how to be not-bored," Pietro scoffs.

"What, by finding the seventh girl of the month?" Wanda interjects in English. May makes a face at Pietro and I, wondering what we were talking about. "Sorry, we were just wondering if we could borrow Sonder for a few days?"