Chapter 12

I run up to my room ready to plop right down on my bed. God I'm exhausted. As soon as my body hits the mattress, I'm knocked out.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

I wake up in a puddle of drool. I wipe off my face and get up. I sluggishly walk over to the bathroom and take a shower. I suddenly remember the note my mom had left on the door. Ah shit today is Tuesday.

I quickly get ready and run to my car. Before I get in, I look up to see my mom swinging on the bench across the street.

"MOM! OVER HERE," I wave my hands up and down. She looks at me and runs over to my car.

"You ready?" She asks.

"Yeah I'll drive. Where are we going exactly?"

"Oh no, I don't believe in cars. Cmon we are going my way." she says. She grabs my hand and launches up into the air above the clouds.

"OH MY GOD!!!!" I yell at the top of my lungs. We slowly stop rising and we start to fall. I close my eyes ready to die.

SPLASH!!!!!!

I open my eyes and my and my mom are riding a huge wave over the clouds. My mom let go of my hand and she was controlling the water. I lean over the edge of the water and see all of Grum city.

"Wow this is amazing!" I said.

"This is traveling in style," my mom said. We rode the wave for about twenty minutes until mom lowered the water.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

We landed in the middle of the ocean. I look at my feet and I was standing on the water.

"MOM?" I shouted.

"Don't worry sweetie. This is totally normal for a water elemental." she said. "now just sink, don't worry you'll be able to breathe," she said as she sunk down in the ocean.

I took a deep breath anyway and sunk down. j open my eyes and see my mom swimming around me.

"What do you think?" She asked

"This is amazing!!!" I said

"Cmon I'll show you our old home," she grabbed my hand and we swam together. We swam for a while until we met this beautiful castle with seaweed and miss and gorgeous vines.

"Here is the home of water royalty,"she said. "Follow me," she let go of my hand and I swam slowly after her.

She led me into a room in the castle with no water.

"Why isn't there any water in here?" I asked. I looked around and there was a baby crib and a bunch of plush seahorses on the floor.

"This was your room," she looked around picking up different things.

"You father was human, so you're half human. you can't sleep in water or you'll die.you can only stay in water for 5 hours without air,"

"So I lived here, why did you take me to Zoey?"

"You couldn't live here anymore, your lungs kept filling up with water." I saw a tear go down her face.

"Mom, don't cry. I'm alive aren't I?"

"Yeah, C'mon I bet ADAM is wondering where you are," she smiled. I blushed.

"Be quiet," I said. Mom took me home.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

She dropped me off at my house.

"Aren't you supposed to be teaching at power school?" I asked her.

"Nah a sub is taking my place for today," she said.

"Bye mom," I hugged her and she left. I ran over to Adam's house. I didn't think he went to P.S.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

I arrived at his house. I rung his doorbell and he opened it as soon as I did. He hugged me do tight it hurt.

"Omg I was so worried. I went by your house and you weren't there," he started to cry.

"Hey, don't cry. I was with mom, it's ok." I stroked his cheek to calm him down.

"I'm sorry, It's just that I care about you. You really need to call me," We laughed. I kissed his wet lips that were covered in tears. He kissed me back. I closed my eyes. I felt Adams hands around my neck.

I stopped kissing him and looked and saw an infinity necklace around my neck.

"It's a little gift. Infinite, like my love for you," he said. All I could do was kiss him once more.