Chapter 19

I wake up to the sun shining in my face. I look over and see Adam is halfway off the bed. I get up carefully so I don't wake him. I take a quick shower and put on some sweat gear.

I write a note for Adam saying I went for a jog. I run out the door and start to head for the park.

Going down the sidewalk I see a couple with twins. Maybe me and Adam will be like that someday. The lady of the couple seemed very familiar. I stop when they meet me.

"Aww, they are adorable!" I said to the couple. I bent down and said hi to the babies.

"Thank you," the lady said. Their children were adorable. I felt happy. Then, that happy feeling left me. My lungs filled with water and my eyes closed shut and I couldn't see.

I fell to the ground and I heard the couple bend down to me.

"Hey! Hey are you alright?" The man said. My eyes and lungs opened again. I saw the couple over me.

"Yea, it's just, its just sometimes I feel
Like I'm drowning," I say. I look at the lady and she gets wide eyed.

"Joey, honey how about you go feed the children on the bench over there," she said to her husband. Joey, I assume, left.

"You're an elemental!" She said to me. I feel my eyes getting wider as I look at her.

"It's okay, I've seen you at p.s," she said snapping her fingers bringing out of my trance.

"Sorry I just thought...." I started.

"That doesn't matter, why did you fall?" She interrupted.

"I don't know. The last time that happened, my mother was in trouble," I thought. Oh no. Mom!

"Well you have to help her right?" She asks.

"Yeah, are you a water elemental?" I ask.

"No, earth powered, why?"

"I just thought you could come with me," I say.

"Oh, well good luck," she says and she leaves. I run back home and get my tail and head to the ocean.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

I arrive at mom's house and I see a black cloud surrounding it. I slowly swim in and see her facing this merman. He is holding something but I can't tell what.

"Cmon please," he says.

"No I'm not making any more mistakes with men," mom says. What was she talking about?

"Fine you leave me no choice," the man says dropping the thing in his hand. I notice it was a conch shell. It falls and shatters to the ocean floor.

I look at mom and she seems furious. The man shrugs his shoulders and leaves. I swim in.

"Mom?"

"Oh my god, Carie, thank Neptune you're here," she says hugging me.

"What was that shell, who was that man?" I ask.

"That was Terak and that shell was the life of the sea,"

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

A/N hey guys sorry this chapter was so short. I thought I would leave it on a cliff hanger. leave me suggestions. BTW chapter 25 will be the last chapter. LuV you dudes. Duces <3