~Buttercup~

Especially when he heard it was Miranda's doing and that Zuriñe was thrown away into the Lycan den like trash after she was declared a 'failed experiment'. If she was still alive, he would get her back even if it costed him everything. She was the only family he had, the only one who learned him what true love is and he couldn't let her down....

~~~

Day and night he hovered over his desk, which had aged horribly because of the many years he'd toiled on it, wondering how to rescue the one person he truly cared about... If she was still alive. He rapidly shook the thoughts out of his mind. He couldn't let such negativity roam around that already damaged and dark mind of him, or else it might destroy his last bit of light. Hope. He grew in his ability to handle metal, to use himself as an weapon, all just to defeat whoever guarded and locked Zuriñe away from the village. Footprints where left by the man as he stomped his way through the brown mud, arriving at the Stronghold. A place he never liked to visit. A place where the 'experiments' of Miranda lost their true humanity to the Cadou. It reminded Heisenberg of his own involuntary mutation that was put in working by Mother Miranda.

He headed through the tunnel stairs, death bodies attached to its ceiling which he carefully avoided and Karl reached an open area with several ledges blocking his way. He took the only path visible up to a small bridge to overlook the area and the cold breeze bit the bare skin of his hands as he took a puff of his lit up Cuban Cigar. He usually smoked for fun, to be a little distracted while working on the job, but now it was purely for a different reason. Stress and uncertainty. He was always sure of his business and especially of himself, but even so, what he was about to do was new to him. In the short amount of time he had given himself to train himself, he had prepared well... but he still doubted whether he could handle everything he was taught under the pressure of a place that could turn into an massive carnage.

"Where the fuck are you, Buttercup?" His voice was more distorted than normal as he whispered underneath his breath, the smoke escaping from his mouth with each word he formed. He elevated his boot as he tossed his cigar on the floor and extinguished it by stepping on it. Heisenberg twisted his foot into the snow in a quick motion and took in a deep breath when horribly loud howls were soundable in distance of the cold and foggy evening. His grey and green eyes scanned the mist-covered grounds, searching for the deformed monsters that inhabited the darkest parts of the Stronghold.

"Come on.... Lycans! show yourselves so we can settle this!!!" His low voice growled, hoping for the beasts to sense his presence. He would fight and defeat them. He would use himself and his abilities, maybe injure himself, but it was all for a good cause.

His right hand opened, his fingers moving out of the fist position as his hammer levitated from his left hand to his right. His grip on the metal was strong and he embraced the coldness that radiated from the metal shaft he held onto. Heisenberg was outnumbered by gigantic odds when he entered the old courtyard, although, when a determined man like him devoted himself to one particular goal he would succeed no matter what. He dodged the first few monstrous Lycans that launched themselves on the powerful Lord, smashing their heads underneath his unbelievably heavy combat weapon. He knew these had been people, people like him forced to give up their human life, but he couldn't change them back. They were beyond saving. Moving up to the large ruin in front of the iron gate, The Lord took note of the two levers on both sides of the area.

Exactly where he thought they would be.

Karl had never been able to figure out where the mechanism came from to make the gate work. It must have been made by someone, an intelligent person. Maybe some Lycans still managed to think properly before they turned, or maybe Miranda that bitch had invented it to lock up and watch over her interesting failures. Either way, he knew precisely how the engines worked and with a snap of his fingers both levers turned to the right side with high speed. The gate was built out of metal/polymor composite, suspicious because it was the only thing the man couldn't control, however, the levers were build out of the most common metal scrap. Miranda proved herself to be a fool once again.